Program ON SCREEN Guide for OTA?

TSOLfan said:
Make that 3 ex-Voomers. I live in New Albany, IN (right across the river from Louisville). My E* installation is scheduled for Monday. They told me I would need a second dish, which was free, in order to receive two of my local channels (21 and 68). I'm curious how all of that's going to work with the 2 811 receiver's I'm scheduled to have installed.

I see you guys are using the old OTA Voom antenna for HD local. Is that an option? If so, I'm going to cancel the second dish as I got all of my locals fine with the Voom antenna. Though, I'm curious what will happen if Voom wants their antenna back :)

Wow a small world. I live in New Albany Indiana also:)

Using the Voom OTA antenna works great, I have mine hooked up. Make sure you are firm with your installer as mine said that hooking up the antenna is not part of the install package (I requested that he remove the antenna from the Voom coax and run a seperate cable for it - it took him all of 10 minutes).

Anyway, you need your satellite locals in order to get the guide info on your OTA channels with some Dish receivers such as the 942 that I had installed. Other receivers don't require this.

I would definitely have them hook up your Voom dish and keep it pointed at 61.5 since it looks like the rumor in the Pub section is credible...

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/concerns. I would be more than happy to help a fellow Voomer out:)

Ok. So, you're saying to keep the V dish (as pointed to 61.5), and have 2 E dishes installed (dish 500 and dish 300) and keep the V OTA ant hooked up to the 942 and pay for SD Locals from E? ( 3dishes and 1 OTA) :eek: Right?

Radicalman said:
Ok. So, you're saying to keep the V dish (as pointed to 61.5), and have 2 E dishes installed (dish 500 and dish 300) and keep the V OTA ant hooked up to the 942 and pay for SD Locals from E? ( 3dishes and 1 OTA) :eek: Right?

The second E* dish points at 61.5 so you don't need that one since you already have your Voom dish pointed there. They will have to change out the LNB for the Voom dish to work with E* receivers, but that should be all. So you will have 2 dishes, the Dish 500 and the Voom dish.

If you want program guide info for your digital locals with the 942 - then you have to subscribe to the locals from E*. Some E* receivers do not have this requirement.

P.S. I just noticed your location. I don't know where your locals come from - in our area they are provided by the main dish - dish 500 and a second dish pointed at 61.5

Yeah, I think my SD Locals will come from the D500, and a few SD Locals from the 61.5. I'm hoping my HD Locals will continue coming in from the V OTA. I can get all Major locals in HD from Orlando. My E install window is o4/30 8am-12 , so Im tryin to get ready. :rolleyes:

I dont uderstand, are you saying i will need 2 dishes. i was planning to take the voom dish down as soon as the other one is installed. installation is this morning between 8 & 12 . i am getting 2 811's and 1 sd. I was hoping he could just trade them out in the same location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts