Programming Access Fee and Ethernet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

browerjs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Beavercreek, OH
I had Dish Network installed yesterday. Why my first impressions are very positive, I'm a little confused about the $5 programming access fee that i'm seeing on my online statement. I was under the impression that if I had ethernet hooked up to my VIP722 that I would not be charged this fee. Is this the case or am i wrong?

Thanks

This will be the case however their servers are not setup yet on the other side for your receiver to phone home yet. They are working on rolling this out over the next few months.

This will be the case however their servers are not setup yet on the other side for your receiver to phone home yet. They are working on rolling this out over the next few months.

So if I keep my ethernet continuously connected will this charge just go away eventually (when their servers are updated), or will I need to setup something (now or later).

So what good is an ethernet connection at this point???? No wonder I get error messages even though the connection shows good.....

Keep payin' dish those access fees in the mean time. Buncha BS.

(I have no land line - cell phones only and wireless internet.)

I have a wireless router in my house. Do I just connect the router to the ethernet port in the back of the 722? Is that it?

So what good is an ethernet connection at this point???? No wonder I get error messages even though the connection shows good.....

Keep payin' dish those access fees in the mean time. Buncha BS.
Has Dish officially stated that an internet connection now can replace a phone line connection and in turn avoid the fee ??

Has Dish officially stated that an internet connection now can replace a phone line connection and in turn avoid the fee ??

Yes. They announced it in the August 13th Charlie Chat:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/103918-tech-chat-recap-august-13-2007-a.html
Listen to "L4.41 Ethernet.mp3" at 0:27.

They claim it'll take one or two months to be reflected on your bill, and says that this feature was included in L4.41.

Here's the 'official' PDF on getting it up and running.
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departm...l/images/pdf/tech/HomeNetworkInstallGuide.pdf

I don't know what the offical dish statement it, but during the conversation I had with the CSR the other night about my double EXTHD activation fee she said I am NOT being charged the extra $5 acess fee on my next bill (october). There is only one acess fee for the 625 upstairs.

I just had the 622 installed this morning... I've been paying the $5 fee with my 625... looks like I'll be running some cat-5 this weekend :)

BTW, hello from Tipp City :)

They claim it'll take one or two months to be reflected on your bill, and says that this feature was included in L4.41.
I knew that was the "plan" but as I said, didn't know it was official just yet. Since it will take a couple of billing cycles, people just need to keep their phone lines connected..... or pay the $5..... If $5 is too much, have the phone co install a phone line for the time being. Pretty sure that will cost more than $5 though ! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts