Programming access fee

Search for wireless ethernet threads on this forum and see what others are doing to avoid the $5/month fee on your 2nd receiver. If you are willing to invest $40 or so up-front, then you should be able to save $60/year.

since you have 2 622's, with one connected to the internet: Dishcomm should be easily possible in most cases. No additional hardware required.

check here:

Tech Portal : How To : DishCOMM

Ok. Here's the update. Not connected to this situation, the HDMI input/output for one of my 622's went out. A Dish Network technician and swapped out the 622 with a 722(I didn't have the foresight to burn the Giants Super Bowl win to DVD, so there that goes. And no, I didn't want to pay $40 for the USB program. This 722 has more drive space than I need). When I tried Dishcomm with the technician, we couldn't find the 'connected' receiver. Yet last night, I tried the Dishcomm search and found my other connected receiver. Is this Dishcomm deal off if I have a 722 and 622?

And thanks for all the feedback here.

Ok. Here's the update. Not connected to this situation, the HDMI input/output for one of my 622's went out. A Dish Network technician and swapped out the 622 with a 722(I didn't have the foresight to burn the Giants Super Bowl win to DVD, so there that goes. And no, I didn't want to pay $40 for the USB program. This 722 has more drive space than I need). When I tried Dishcomm with the technician, we couldn't find the 'connected' receiver. Yet last night, I tried the Dishcomm search and found my other connected receiver. Is this Dishcomm deal off if I have a 722 and 622?

And thanks for all the feedback here.

dishcomm can be a little flaky on initial setup at times. you should be good to go now.

cheers

dishcomm can be a little flaky on initial setup at times. you should be good to go now.

cheers

Although I gained hard drive space with the 722, I lost my over-the-air channels because you have to buy a device to plug them in. The technician didn't have one. Not like I wanted to pay $30 for an adapter when the difference between Dish HD locals and over-the-air locals is noticeable but not earth-shattering.

The technician said the new receivers are coming out soon and they'll cost upwards of $900. they'll be wireless and all but that doesn't make up for saving the programming access fee. :rolleyes:

cheers

You are correct. It is showing a receiver online. Is that all I need to do? Is there a way to confirm that it is connected, outside of calling Dish Network's pitiful customer service?

Another thing this technician said, and I'm probably not breaking news, Dish Network is phasing out contractors for their field people. He said that Dish is bringing people inhouse, in an attempt to get all the specs uniform. I assume this is a good sing.

Thanks again.

You are correct. It is showing a receiver online. Is that all I need to do? Is there a way to confirm that it is connected, outside of calling Dish Network's pitiful customer service?

Another thing this technician said, and I'm probably not breaking news, Dish Network is phasing out contractors for their field people. He said that Dish is bringing people inhouse, in an attempt to get all the specs uniform. I assume this is a good sing.

Thanks again.

if you have 2 vip receivers, both must show up in the dishcomm screen. A VIP always sees "itself" in dishcomm but may not find the other one. You then have to add the "R00" of the other reciever manually. Then it will usually work.

since almost all homes have 2 phase AC power coming in (occaionally people have 3 phase very rare and very expensive)- both receivers must be on the same "leg" of the AC for Dishcomm to work.

if they are not, you could:

a: switch the wires around in you Fuse box so that they are on the same leg(get an electrician) or

b: run a hardwire cat5 cable from both receivers to your internet hub

there are other options but they all cost $$$$

remember - the first 622 has no programming access fee (its now waived)- only the 2nd 622 will.

you can test a connection with the test button in dishcomm setup.

also: Menu 6-3 Diagnostics - use the "connection" and/or the "call out" buttons.

good luck

if you have 2 vip receivers, both must show up in the dishcomm screen. A VIP always sees "itself" in dishcomm but may not find the other one. You then have to add the "R00" of the other reciever manually. Then it will usually work.

since almost all homes have 2 phase AC power coming in (occaionally people have 3 phase very rare and very expensive)- both receivers must be on the same "leg" of the AC for Dishcomm to work.

if they are not, you could:

a: switch the wires around in you Fuse box so that they are on the same leg(get an electrician) or

b: run a hardwire cat5 cable from both receivers to your internet hub

there are other options but they all cost $$$$

remember - the first 622 has no programming access fee (its now waived)- only the 2nd 622 will.

you can test a connection with the test button in dishcomm setup.

also: Menu 6-3 Diagnostics - use the "connection" and/or the "call out" buttons.

good luck

I'm only getting one ROO number for each box. I would add the other ROO but don't see how to add manually. Is there place to add manually?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)