Programming change fee

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
After needing a specific sports channel for a few days in the Top 200 since neither Flex sports option carries ESPNU I opted to flip back to Flex today. Why am I being charged $10 instead of $5? This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm kind of curious. I get a pop up box showing a $5 fee would be accessed to my account so why the $10? Thanks.

After needing a specific sports channel for a few days in the Top 200 since neither Flex sports option carries ESPNU I opted to flip back to Flex today. Why am I being charged $10 instead of $5? This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm kind of curious. I get a pop up box showing a $5 fee would be accessed to my account so why the $10? Thanks.

There is a $5.00 Programming Change fee per service charged any time you change services within 30 days of adding them. If you would like to have the account reviewed, please send a PM with your phone number and PIN.

So removing Top 200 would be $5 in addition to another $5 for adding Flex back?

I think it has to do with locals because I upgraded to get Nick for a week and saw the $10 charge when I switched back to Flex. What I noticed was if I kept locals, I would only be charged $5. So, I made the change, keeping locals, then dropped locals and was not charged the second $5.

I think it has to do with locals because I upgraded to get Nick for a week and saw the $10 charge when I switched back to Flex. What I noticed was if I kept locals, I would only be charged $5. So, I made the change, keeping locals, then dropped locals and was not charged the second $5.

That is an interesting observation and thought out plan. If I understand it's like making two changes when you go from a package with locals, to Flex without locals..... But once you have Flex you can make changes for no charge so then you drop the locals.

I added the locals right before the Super Bowl, and then dropped them as soon as the game was over. My total cost to watch the Super Bowl: $0.00
:cool:
I do not know what the fee would have been if I had switched to a base package other than Flex Pack, but it sure doesn't seem worth it to switch to any other base package if I would get hit with the same amount of fees as the OP. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)