Programming change fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
After needing a specific sports channel for a few days in the Top 200 since neither Flex sports option carries ESPNU I opted to flip back to Flex today. Why am I being charged $10 instead of $5? This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm kind of curious. I get a pop up box showing a $5 fee would be accessed to my account so why the $10? Thanks.

After needing a specific sports channel for a few days in the Top 200 since neither Flex sports option carries ESPNU I opted to flip back to Flex today. Why am I being charged $10 instead of $5? This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm kind of curious. I get a pop up box showing a $5 fee would be accessed to my account so why the $10? Thanks.

There is a $5.00 Programming Change fee per service charged any time you change services within 30 days of adding them. If you would like to have the account reviewed, please send a PM with your phone number and PIN.

So removing Top 200 would be $5 in addition to another $5 for adding Flex back?

I think it has to do with locals because I upgraded to get Nick for a week and saw the $10 charge when I switched back to Flex. What I noticed was if I kept locals, I would only be charged $5. So, I made the change, keeping locals, then dropped locals and was not charged the second $5.

I think it has to do with locals because I upgraded to get Nick for a week and saw the $10 charge when I switched back to Flex. What I noticed was if I kept locals, I would only be charged $5. So, I made the change, keeping locals, then dropped locals and was not charged the second $5.

That is an interesting observation and thought out plan. If I understand it's like making two changes when you go from a package with locals, to Flex without locals..... But once you have Flex you can make changes for no charge so then you drop the locals.

I added the locals right before the Super Bowl, and then dropped them as soon as the game was over. My total cost to watch the Super Bowl: $0.00
:cool:
I do not know what the fee would have been if I had switched to a base package other than Flex Pack, but it sure doesn't seem worth it to switch to any other base package if I would get hit with the same amount of fees as the OP. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)