Programming dispute with Schurz Communications that owns the tv stations in Springfield, Missouri.

Chris Leer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
did you know that this friday on december 21st at 12:01 am Dish Customers could lose access to the following tv stations that are now showing a scroll on their tv screens saying that they could lose access to: KY3, KSPR, & The Ozarks CW If an Agreement is not reached at 12:01 am Friday, December 21st if you know.

Well if the Myans were correct we won't have to worry about tv anyway.:eek:

On a serious note I would say Dish will get that resolved pretty quick.If for some reason they don't maybe you can get them via ota?

On a serious note I would say Dish will get that resolved pretty quick.If for some reason they don't maybe you can get them via ota?

roflllllllllllllllllllllll anyone that believes that needs their head examined :D lol ;)

Get used to it boys and girls...not just Dish but everyone else. This poker game will be played more and more since the station (owner) extortion is getting out of line.

DISH says Shurz wants 500% increase and a "penalty" for auto-hop. Shurz says they aren't asking for anything they haven't gotten from everybody else. Seems familiar...

Looks like the dispute with Shurz is also going to affect the CBS affiliate in the Wichita-Hutchinson (KS) DMA. Haven't watched the CW affiliate recently but it's probably afffected too.

in the city of springfield yes but springfield new stations cover a good part of south west and south central missouri and parts of northern arkansas there the OTA would not reach them

The Anchorage AK NBC station is also owned by Schurz Communications and we see the same message that we are going to loose Channel 2 because their deal with Dish expires. Looks like we'll be without NBC for awhile.

Just got notice from the Schurz affiliate in Wichita that I will lose my access to their signal. Fortunately (and I let them know this) I do have OTA access to their affiliate station in my town. Also sent them an email suggesting that anyone with a VCR has had the ability to skip commercials for years.

Full page ad in the Anchorage Daily News this morning from Dish that says "Your local NBC station wants you to pay for every commercial you skip, what's next? A surcharge for sleeping through ads? Just say no to an outrageous price increase for your channel. Visit dishvaluepledge.com or call the station manager at 907-XXX-XXXX. Looks like the dispute is serious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)