Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got the following in my inbox late last night. I didn't notice them to today. Sorry for the delay!

The History Channel HD to launch one day early – September 4, 2007

Effective September 4, 2007 by 5pm ET, DISH Network will launch The History Channel HD into AT100 and higher with DishHD on channel 9491. HD customers with an MPEG-4 receiver will see The History Channel HD map down next to standard-definition The History Channel on channel 120.

DISH Network will no longer carry Tapesh and T2 Channels (Farsi-Language Programming)
Effective September 5, 2007, the Tapesh and T2 channels (Farsi-Language Programming) will no longer be carried on DISH Network. Tapesh is on channel 753 and T2 is on channel 754; both are located at the 121° and customers continue to enjoy other DISH Network programming services.

The test channel is Discovery HD theater which has been on channel 9421 since Dish started suppling HD channels. It has been discussed to death on this site already with no one knowing why everyone can see it.

Not quite the first, actually by quite a bit of time. At least HBO HD was first. When Discovery HD Theatre came out you needed to add the HD adapter to the 6000, and it was not available anymore to those of us who had 5000's.

Was History HD delayed til the 4th by Dish or the History Channel itself? It was originally announced for the 1st.

To see if anyone knows, and to rid myself of the newbie reminder at the top of the page, will History HD mirror the regular History Channel, or will it operate similar to the two Food Networks?

To see if anyone knows, and to rid myself of the newbie reminder at the top of the page, will History HD mirror the regular History Channel, or will it operate similar to the two Food Networks?

I don't recall seeing anything either way. I hope it will be a mirrorn and not like Food and HGTV

Oh my GOD ! What am I going to do about my Farsi -language programming needs now? THis is it DISH you have gone to far!:p

If I am correct, Tapesh is available Free-To-Air at the 97 degrees West location with an FTA dish and receiver.

There are dozens and dozens of free Farsi and Persian programming at 97 degrees West - as is probably common knowledge to most Persians in the US. Most of the channels originate in Glendale and Burbank, California and about 750,000 Persians currently live in Southern California.

PS Scott - how about a contest giveaway to the 1,000th person to say "There is a test channel on 5710". :cool:

I was trying to be funny about the FArsi . But thanks for the information, I am sure someone out there really wants to know how to get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)