Programming Not Authorized - On a local channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
I have a M-F timer on a morning program on one of my local channels that I have been recording fine for weeks, but today the program recorded as usual and while I was watching, with 20 minutes remaining in the recording the Programming Not Authorized screen popped up momentarily and then the playback stopped (with 0 minutes remaining). I assume this is just a random DVR glitch, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this, and on a local channel to boot?

Last edited:
Bad street drugs? :D Did Mickey Mouse speak to you about settling the Dish dispute too?

All I an think of you got that message actually from a satellite channnel as sometimes momentarily happens, and even if on an OTA channel the receiver displays the message....

It wasn't on an OTA channel, it was a SAT local that I've always recorded this program from. So far I'm leaning toward random glitch.

I was having a lot of strange problems with losing signal and not connecting. I also saw the same message you saw. Since both my 722k's were having the same problem I concluded it must be my antenna system. The first thing I checked was the power supply for my DP44 switch. I had another whole switch so I swapped out the power supplies and that cured the problem. Apparently the power supply was becoming defective and couldn't supply the necessary voltage and amperage to operate the switch. Consider that problem
Michael

I have a M-F timer on a morning program on one of my local channels that I have been recording fine for weeks, but today the program recorded as usual and while I was watching, with 20 minutes remaining in the recording the Programming Not Authorized screen popped up momentarily and then the playback stopped (with 0 minutes remaining). I assume this is just a random DVR glitch, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this, and on a local channel to boot?
ehh just a guess morning or early morning?..sometimes Dish "rebalances" transponders in the early morning and your timer might fired as they were moving the channel to another transponder

Mid-morning, 9:00AM start time. The glitch occurred with 20 minutes remaining in the DVR recording, so that would have been at 9:40AM thereabouts.

Regarding a power glitch, I don't have a switch so unless the power glitch occurred on the receiver itself, then no. It was the only time to ever occur, before or since.

Sometimes I get that message when I have loss of signal for whatever reason. Perhaps it was the way your receiver reacted to a solar conjunction event? Or perhaps a "cloud-out".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)