Programming not on 119/110

cameron119

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I'm interested in the additional programming that is included in my package, yet I can't get via the Dish 500.

Will Dish Network send a Dish 300 to pick up this additional programming free of charge? If not, where do you recommend purchasing one?

I'd actually like to get 61.5 and 148. What solution exists for integrating both into my Dish 500 setup? Switches included.

I currently have a DishPro Quad LNBF

where you located...???

THe only way of getting FOUR satellite inputs to a box is via an SW64, or he upcoming DPP44...

If there is "must carry" stuff in your area on the "wing" sats (61.5 or 148) then Dish will give you a Dish 300 free (see the Dish network site for info).

This is usually for the local channels only.

I get LA locals and some are on 148, Dish installed a free 300 dish some years back.

I think your location and *IF* you subscribe to locals will make all the difference if there is anything you are missing out on.

Are you sure there's something for you out there? Check out this site to tell if you really want to go through the aggravation. And oh yeah - do you have line of sight to both of them? Use your dish pointing menu to see what the azimuth and elevation are. Anything less than about 25 degrees elevation can be pretty tough to get - typically because of obstructions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)