Programming Question(s)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpdubose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
South Alabama
I'm currently on DVR Advantage with AT200 and HD Ultimate.

My first question(s): Is it possible to move from DVR Advantage/200 to DVR Advantage with the AT250? If so, does anyone know what the price difference is?

I'm thinking about dropping to HD Essential and moving up to the 250 if it's possible. If the 250 is only $10 more than the 200 package and I save $10 by dropping to HD Essential, then it's a wash and my bill should be the same correct?

I'm currently on DVR Advantage with AT200 and HD Ultimate.

My first question(s): Is it possible to move from DVR Advantage/200 to DVR Advantage with the AT250? If so, does anyone know what the price difference is?

I'm thinking about dropping to HD Essential and moving up to the 250 if it's possible. If the 250 is only $10 more than the 200 package and I save $10 by dropping to HD Essential, then it's a wash and my bill should be the same correct?

That is what I did and it was a great move. Same price, more SD & HD channels. I do not think you will regret it. If you haven't already, you should consider the 1 cent Max offer.

well it depends on when he got his plan. If he got it before the price increase (since with DVR Advantage he would be locked in to his price), then there will be more than a $10 jump to the at250

I just spoke with a very nice, American young lady named Amber.

She was able to confirm that outside of the $5 fee for downgrading to HD Essential, my bill would be the same. I had her go ahead and take care of the changes and I'm now on DVR Advantage with AT250 and HD Essential.

I was going to hold off and see what happened with the rest of Voom, but that got answered for me this morning when I saw that they had taken the rest of them down. I'm really going to miss Rave, but oh well.

...outside of the $5 fee for downgrading ...
You may not even be charged this. I have "downgraded" several times since being with Dish - mostly to turn off/on HBO. Perhaps it's because I've been an 8 yr customer, but I've never been charged the downgrade fee, even though the CSR said I would.

You may not even be charged this downgrade fee. I have "downgraded" several times since being with Dish - mostly to turn off/on HBO. Perhaps it's because I've been an 8 yr customer, but I've never been charged the downgrade fee, even though the CSR said I would.
That's especially true if you just talk to the CSR and be polite to them. Especially since this was an upgrade for you. jpdubose, you should call in and talk to another CSR and see if they could get it removed.

That's especially true if you just talk to the CSR and be polite to them. Especially since this was an upgrade for you. jpdubose, you should call in and talk to another CSR and see if they could get it removed.
I believe what jpdubose was saying is that if (or when) he decides to drop back from AT250 to AT200 (as he wanted to watch Playoffs on Versus) then he would be charged the $5. This understanding is from previous comments in this thread.

Geoff

I just spoke with a very nice, American young lady named Amber.

She was able to confirm that outside of the $5 fee for downgrading to HD Essential, my bill would be the same. I had her go ahead and take care of the changes and I'm now on DVR Advantage with AT250 and HD Essential.

I was going to hold off and see what happened with the rest of Voom, but that got answered for me this morning when I saw that they had taken the rest of them down. I'm really going to miss Rave, but oh well.
judupose,

I am considering proposing the same thing to my family. Can you make a list of what channels you get (with AT250 and HD Essentials) so that I can see what we would lose by dropping to Essentials from Ultimate???

Thanks,
Geoff

Alright guys, here's the breakdown.

I HAD DVR Advantage w/200 channels and HD Ultimate

I DROPPED from HD Ultimate to HD Essentials. This brought my bill down $10/month (-$10)
I MOVED UP from 200 channels to 250 channels. This cost me $10 more/month (+$10)
My bill is the same as it was.
There was a one-time charge of $5 for downgrading to HD Essential from HD Ultimate.

The channels I lost were:
Universal HD
MGM HD
WFN HD
NHL HD
NBA HD
HDNET Movies
Smithsonian HD

The channels I gained were:
BIO (HD)
Bloomberg
Boomerang
CNBC World
Chiller
Discovery Home
Discovery Kids
A bunch of dish music stations
DIY
Encore (West), Action, Drama, Love, Westerns and WAM (6 total channels)
ESPN-U
Fine Living
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Reality
Fox Soccer
GOL TV (?)
Golf Channel (HD w/Vs.)
GAC
Hallmark Movie Channel (HD)
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime Movie Network
Military Channel
The Movie Channel (West)
MUN2 (?)
National Geographic (HD)
Nicktoons
Nick GAS
Outdoor Channel
Sleuth
Style
Tennis Channel (HD)
The Science Channel (HD)
TMC Xtra (West)
Veria
VH1 Classic
Vs. (HD w/Golf)

I'm pretty happy with the move. I just wish I could have gotten the $.01 Cinemax deal (once again, not available to customers bundled through phone company).

Also, I got all this info here: DISH Network -- Programming Package Comparison

Did you try or argue at all to get the $5 downgrade fee removed? Afterall, you were upgrading for a net increase. I think that recently the CSRs are given more leeway in trying to charge that.

I didn't argue the $5. I should have, but I wasn't really concerned about it since it was just one-time thing. I did ask if I could get 3 months of Cinemax free since I couldn't get the $.01 deal but she said she couldn't and I didn't press the issue. I was just happy that it was as painless as is it was.

I'm looking to do the exact same thing. I was just waiting a while to see what news came out of the Team Summit on any replacement content that might be in the Ultimate pack.

Alright guys, here's the breakdown.

I HAD DVR Advantage w/200 channels and HD Ultimate

I DROPPED from HD Ultimate to HD Essentials. This brought my bill down $10/month (-$10)
I MOVED UP from 200 channels to 250 channels. This cost me $10 more/month (+$10)
My bill is the same as it was.
There was a one-time charge of $5 for downgrading to HD Essential from HD Ultimate.

The channels I lost were:
Universal HD
MGM HD
WFN HD
NHL HD
NBA HD
HDNET Movies
Smithsonian HD

The channels I gained were:
BIO (HD)
Bloomberg
Boomerang
CNBC World
Chiller
Discovery Home
Discovery Kids
A bunch of dish music stations
DIY
Encore (West), Action, Drama, Love, Westerns and WAM (6 total channels)
ESPN-U
Fine Living
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Reality
Fox Soccer
GOL TV (?)
Golf Channel (HD w/Vs.)
GAC
Hallmark Movie Channel (HD)
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime Movie Network
Military Channel
The Movie Channel (West)
MUN2 (?)
National Geographic (HD)
Nicktoons
Nick GAS
Outdoor Channel
Sleuth
Style
Tennis Channel (HD)
The Science Channel (HD)
TMC Xtra (West)
Veria
VH1 Classic
Vs. (HD w/Golf)

I'm pretty happy with the move. I just wish I could have gotten the $.01 Cinemax deal (once again, not available to customers bundled through phone company).

Also, I got all this info here: DISH Network -- Programming Package Comparison

Thanks JP,

That first part (what you lost) was exactly what I was looking for as that will help with the decision on whether to drop the HD Ultimate to HD Essentials or to drop back to AT200. I think I will try for the HD Essentials.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)