Programming Questions (newbie)

jwt0001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2005
A few questions (I've searched, but I'm not finding specific answers):

1. Is the multi-sport package not available in all locations? I was checking my programming options through the Dish Network website, but it doesn't give it to me as an option to add. (I understand the blackout rules; I'm wondering about the package itself). My zip code is 44121, if that makes a difference, and I subscribed to the 180 channel package.

2. Why are some stations listed in more than one place in the guide? For example, BBCAmerica is on 135 and 879 and look to be identical, although the station in the 800's is red.

3. Has any reason been given as to why we get TMC west coast feeds included in the 180 package, but not the east coast?

I'm enjoying the service and I'm trying to learn more. Thanks for any responses!

few questions (I've searched, but I'm not finding specific answers):

1. Is the multi-sport package not available in all locations? I was checking my programming options through the Dish Network website, but it doesn't give it to me as an option to add. (I understand the blackout rules; I'm wondering about the package itself). My zip code is 44121, if that makes a difference, and I subscribed to the 180 channel package.
should be able to get it anywhere…
2. Why are some stations listed in more than one place in the guide? For example, BBCAmerica is on 135 and 879 and look to be identical, although the station in the 800's is red.
The 800’s are for the Spanish channel packages. Some English channels are duplicated (they only take up one spot) for easy access for the Espanol crowd :D
3. Has any reason been given as to why we get TMC west coast feeds included in the 180 package, but not the east coast?
Unknown…I don’t have AT180 so I don’t know

Yes, I was able to get the multi-sports package by calling in; I just assumed I'd be able to sign up for it on the web, so that answers that question too!

3. Having 2 different TMC channels rather than the E & W feeds of one of them gives you a better variety of movies. The other feeds are included in the Showtime package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)