Programming Upgrades for Existing Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EstalineValley

Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Virginia
We have been with Dish Network since April 2008. We originally signed up for the the 29.95 mo plan with 4 receivers/TiVo, etc and the Dish Family package. I think local stations were to be included but for some unknown reason this county is not included.
We would like to change our programming package. We originally ordered Dish Family to get Sky Angel which is no longer part of the package. I've looked online and see that new customers can get Bronze Classic 100 for 14.99. When I called in to order that I was told it would cost me 34.99 since I was an existing customer. Is there any way to get better programming at cheaper rates?

Welcome aboard.:welcome

Probably not. You do not indicate what channels you are interested in getting that you are not getting in the Family package other than locals. The classic 100 package is pretty reasonably priced and you would be hard pressed to beat it. You could go to another provider and get an introductory rate for a basic package, but after the introductory period you would be paying at least what the 100 package costs. There would also be a penalty for early termination. The equipment that Dish provided to you has a substantial cost to them and they expect a 2 year commitment for it. They cannot continue an introductory rate after the agreed period with existing customers or they would not be able to stay in business. Some people however continually change providers when their commitments are up to get better deals. Not sure if the Sat companies are allowing that to happen as much now though. Many retailers have been axed for signing up previous customers as "new".

As far as locals go, if you do not get locals where you live there is AAD for distant locals. Or you could "Move" to another area near you where there is locals. Do a search on either to figure out how.

Hope this helps.

Programming

Welcome aboard.:welcome

Probably not. You do not indicate what channels you are interested in getting that you are not getting in the Family package other than locals. The classic 100 package is pretty reasonably priced and you would be hard pressed to beat it. You could go to another provider and get an introductory rate for a basic package, but after the introductory period you would be paying at least what the 100 package costs. There would also be a penalty for early termination. The equipment that Dish provided to you has a substantial cost to them and they expect a 2 year commitment for it. They cannot continue an introductory rate after the agreed period with existing customers or they would not be able to stay in business. Some people however continually change providers when their commitments are up to get better deals. Not sure if the Sat companies are allowing that to happen as much now though. Many retailers have been axed for signing up previous customers as "new".

As far as locals go, if you do not get locals where you live there is AAD for distant locals. Or you could "Move" to another area near you where there is locals. Do a search on either to figure out how.

Hope this helps.

I don't think I accurately explained myself. I pay 36.96 per month for the DishFamily package. Local channels were promised by the CSR but even though we live in one of the poorest areas of Virginia (hint: the local library does not charge overdues due to the many low income people living here) Augusta Co can not receive local stations via Dish. Hence I pay an additional 13.96 per month to All American to receive Network TV for a total outlay of 50.92 per month. I am a pastor. I'm not trying to cheat Dish Network out of their income. I am trying to have a greater variety of channels such as those offered in the Bronze package.
I really didn't think by 'Family programming" that they meant cartoons and shopping channels. Right now Dish is offering new customers the Family pakage for 19.99 and the Broze Pak for 14.99. I would just like to switch.

When I called in to order that I was told it would cost me 34.99 since I was an existing customer. Is there any way to get better programming at cheaper rates?
Sorry, But No.
D* would cost you $71 for Choice and 4 rooms without DVR
E* for Classic 100 with SD DVR in 4 rooms will cost you around $55 per month with Locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts