project: butter on a hot potato.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Today I got my new lnbf with scaler from Brian at titianium satellite I have it now working on 107w c band. I have also got a new amiko 8x1 switch from wallyhts. I wanted to watch 107w c band on my 1.2 meter dish so I have 6 lnbs on my dish now. 107w, 103w ku, 99w, 97w c band, 93w ku, 91w ku, 87w ku. I still have more work to do but its a start. More pics to come.

Attachments

• IMG_20150504_190123361.jpg
    IMG_20150504_190123361.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20150504_194852450.jpg
    IMG_20150504_194852450.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 399
How is your signal on 107C with that set-up?

On the ctv 2 channel I had to work with the scaler to move up towards the dish to level 40 70q you have to get that number. You need 70q nothing lower or you will have lots of noise. Going to work on it soon to get the weather network channels. Ctv2 comes in at 70q+.

Reactions: Titanium
Dan I think that dish is only for directv.

Arrrr shiver my timber where is a levelty winch to walk the plank and cook my meals?

Was that a joke?

Chirp chirp chirp chirp. Today with rain and storms having a little trouble with 107w but still watching Ctv2. No luck with the weather channel still lot of noise.

Love the painted on Directv logo!. Keeps the nosy people away, they just think your a Directv customer. Very nice install and good job getting all those birds. It sucks for apartment dwellers to have multiple dishes.

Reactions: danristheman
The apartment complex believes its not right that I have a dish and no one else has one. New tenant wise so they thought put in a fta dish at the office so everyone can have one. I would lose my dish if that went through then I get told I am selfish. If new tenants want a dish bad enough they can fight to bring them back not take away mine.

The apartment complex believes its not right that I have a dish and no one else has one. New tenant wise so they thought put in a fta dish at the office so everyone can have one. I would lose my dish if that went through then I get told I am selfish. If new tenants want a dish bad enough they can fight to bring them back not take away mine.

When I lived in an apt the management tried to get me to remove my 90cm dish, went down to the office with a copy of OTARD and told them to pound sand. Never heard about it again and I moved before I had a chance to put another 90cm dish up. The dish was kind of hidden on the balcony so it did not stand out or ruin the the look of the building, even though several apartments had Directv or DISH Network dishes hanging over the balcony handrail.

I believe the way my apartment management acts towards satellite dishes it makes me more inventive. I would like to find a 30" rock with a flat round surface to see if I could get a signal off of it?

Reactions: . Raine
Find a rock with lots of iron content (hematite or magnetite?) and sculpture it into a C-band dish. You can call it a funny name and say it's an art installation.
:)

Have an update here these are the transponders that I am receiving. Side lobe 107w c band 8 to 10 degrees off center.

3807 v 70q
3825 v 70q
3860 v 70q
4060 v 71q
4100 v 65 to 70q

I am at the bare minimum of trying to receive this satellite the threshold is at 65q 4060v is the one you need to aim for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.