Prometheus

Am a major Alien fan... however, am a little peeved at the marketing team behind Prometheus opted to release so many revealing teasers and trailers that anyone paying attention can easilly piece the plot together along w/ who the "bad guy" on the ship is.

I miss the good ol' days when the first time who'd hear about a movie is either through a trailer one month before its release date or a poster under the "coming soon" banner at the cinema.

Cheers, K

Yeah, they all seem to have lost out on how to really generate interest.

I can still remember the only ad I ever saw for Alien. A black screen with an egg and then the line 'in space, no one can hear you scream'! So effective that I still can remember it as if it just ran.

I got a kick out of the WSJ review (mixed review) Prometheus, Madagascar 3, Peace, Love & Misunderstanding | Stunning Space, Careless Craft | Film Reviews by Joe Morgenstern - WSJ.com

The same too-muchness afflicts the action, which is disorganized or preposterous when it isn't frenzied, what with scientists wandering off heedlessly and touching stuff with reckless abandon. (They should have watched a video of "Alien" for lessons in how to behave.)

This is always the case in horror movies, they always wander off alone, always go into rooms where the lights are not working, etc....

I saw the midnight showing. The movie was good, but the problem of course is that Alien and Aliens exists. So, many of the viewers have a pretty good idea of how things work and what will happen. It was interesting and not boring. I watched it in 2D, I am considering if it is worth seeing again in 3D IMAX.

Am considering seeing it tomorrow at the midnight vieweing (have a 7month old, free time and sleep has gone out the window) but our cinema though is only showing it in 3D (3D movies/glasses irritate my left eye) and the extra 3D and glasses fee, tickets are 16$ per. Could drive onto the island but traffic and the protests are a pain.

Cheers, K

I saw it, liked it. But dislike so many unanswered threads that beg for a sequel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Saw it tonight in IMAX 3D. Visually stunning. I liked the story as well. The ending leaves great opportunities for sequels not related to the Alien franchise.

I thought it was ok. They stole some of the story from the original where the cyborg has his own agenda and turns against the crew doing his own thing regardless of what it does to them.

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Bit of a tie in to Blade Runner and love the unanswered questions to the engineer... Were we too much like them and it threatened them? Or because we stopped worshipping them (as indicated in the cave paintings in the beginning?)

Ending is still a movie or 2 away from where Alien comes in I think.

Granted, there were some serious flaws with basics and some non basics, but in the end, I enjoyed the overall experience.

Last edited:
SatinKzo said:
I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Bit of a tie in to Blade Runner and love the unanswered questions to the engineer... Were we too much like them and it threatened them? Or because we stopped worshipping them (as indicated in the cave paintings in the beginning?)

Ending is still a movie or 2 away from where Alien comes in I think.

Granted, there were some serious flaws with basics and some non basics, but in the end, I enjoyed the overall experience.

I think the movie left out one viable explanation. That they were grooming us as lab rats to test things on. And testing what was on that ship was next on the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)