Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You gotta be kidding me!!!! :mad:

I first saw the movie poster for this at a theater in Colorado. I was at the concession stand and I made a comment on what an odd concept it was.

The gal making my drink said "It is a great book and should be a good movie, it is so historically accurate..."

I commented "except for the part about vampires"

I really think she believed everything that was in that book. :eek:

It was interesting, but not really worth the effort of seeing at the midnight showing. I was bored and went anyways. I saw in 2D since it was shot in 2D and post processed to 3D. I did not read the book. Aside from it being Lincoln and set in the 1800, it could have just been any generic vampire movie.

From what I read on some early screenings, they changed the ending completely from the book and took out alot of the actually good material and story to make it hollywood. Heck for almost a 2 hour movie, put more material in from book and make it 2-2:15 in length.

Without reading the book here is what I saw:
1. They used Lincoln's mother's real life death at an early age
2. They used Mary Todd
3. The used the death of Lincolns child during the war
4. They used the White House/DC for scenery
5. They used Douglas for a brief debate scene and some jealousy.
6. They made Lincoln president

Really pretty minor usage of Lincolns life details. It really could have been anyone in the 1800 as the main character. Sure you know some of what is going to happen if you know Lincolns life story. Perhaps it is meant to wow those that have no knowledge of Lincolns life, perhaps he really could have been a vampire slayer.

This is from the second book done on a similar theme (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was the first). I was leery of the film, but after hearing positive reviews, I decided to check it out, and loved it. It was a fun movie. I have not read the book; but wow, I enjoyed every minute of this guilty summer pleasure. My son and I went together and he had a constant smile on his face. I think it was the first R movie he saw in the theater.

It was just fun.

Without reading the book here is what I saw:
1. They used Lincoln's mother's real life death at an early age
2. They used Mary Todd
3. The used the death of Lincolns child during the war
4. They used the White House/DC for scenery
5. They used Douglas for a brief debate scene and some jealousy.
6. They made Lincoln president

Really pretty minor usage of Lincolns life details. It really could have been anyone in the 1800 as the main character. Sure you know some of what is going to happen if you know Lincolns life story. Perhaps it is meant to wow those that have no knowledge of Lincolns life, perhaps he really could have been a vampire slayer.

Hey Buffy -- he was a Vampire HUNTER :D ;)

Just saw the movie. I don't think I've ever seen a book adaptation that changed pretty much every major plot point as much as this movie did. They basically retained the concept and created a completely different story. It works well (fits the Hollywood movie mold), but wow. I really am shocked by the fundamental and wholesale changes that were made. At this point, I'm not sure if I prefer the book or the movie, there was such a divergence.

Just saw the movie. I don't think I've ever seen a book adaptation that changed pretty much every major plot point as much as this movie did. They basically retained the concept and created a completely different story. It works well (fits the Hollywood movie mold), but wow. I really am shocked by the fundamental and wholesale changes that were made. At this point, I'm not sure if I prefer the book or the movie, there was such a divergence.

Have not read the book, so I can't say I was disappointed - but that type thing usually annoys the hell out of me. I guess its a good thing I haven't read it. :)

rockymtnhigh said:
Have not read the book, so I can't say I was disappointed - but that type thing usually annoys the hell out of me. I guess its a good thing I haven't read it. :)

The movie didn't disappoint me. It was quite enjoyable for what it is. But the plot of the book is very very different.

Went to see it with my 16 yr old nephew. We both enjoyed it. A good, large scale vampire movie.

Sorry, but I'm an Abraham Lincoln fundamentalist and cannot stomach the thought of seeing Honest Abe impaling fictional vampires with a silver skewer. Of course, it's okay to occasionally wear the stovepipe hat, grab a handful of cuban cigars, and receive a presidential from the missus while playing a stirring rendition of Hail to the Chief. What happens in the Lincoln bedroom, stays in the Lincoln bedroom. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)