Lincoln

wanted to see it this past Friday but the wife was ill. really looking forward to seeing this movie.

I'll stick to the actual historical record and the history books that were written about Lincoln in the 19th Century. Hollywood being Hollywood, this movie is probably chock-full of revisionist crap.

I'll stick to the actual historical record and the history books that were written about Lincoln in the 19th Century. Hollywood being Hollywood, this movie is probably chock-full of revisionist crap.

Many of the history books are often wrought with inaccuracies. There were a couple good shows that aired not too long ago...Looking for Lincoln (PBS show I believe) and 10 Things You Don't Know About "Lincoln" which is a series on the History Channel.

To assume that the histories written in the 19th century are definitive and contemporary historical research is revisionist is kind of laughable, given the work of scholars such as Eric Foner.

When I get better I will go see it.I want to see this movie so much after hearing from friends :)

Finally saw it yesterday. Daniel Day Lewis MUST win the Academy Award.

Finally saw it yesterday. Daniel Day Lewis MUST win the Academy Award.

Thanks KAB that much more I hear about it i want to see it and I need someone to take me and see it since I can't drive until March at the earliest :)

Saw it the other day on OD. After watching it, I realized that I was like a fly on the wall, privy to all the political scheming, conniving and wrangling being hatched and perpetrated at that moment in time in 1865 by the president of the US no less. I don't know how much artistic freedom Spielberg invoked for this movie, but inaccurate or not, it was very entertaining and very plausible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)