Promises promises

VMI i wanted voom to survive as ive said before if only for competitions sake i was an early adopter and gave them an opportunity to make things right., Voom didnt work for me, Billing issues , box issues but my point is, 1 year later and only 26 thousand subscribers. I think this game is pretty much over especially if it continues being played at this level. Voom would have been a great idea had there been more HD viewers, but it is like opening a pork house in Iraq. not enough people to sustain an all HD provider. toooooo many people still have no understanding of HD. any one can or should be able to see that this was a losing proposition from the beginning. With DIRECTV, ECHOSTAR, and Cable offering all the SD which the VAST VAST majority of people want. SD AND LOCALS. thats what people really want. they dont want the antenna, more limits there as alot of people arent even able to receive signal ota. so every step of the way voom had an obstacle. and now price increases, an installation requirement (1 year Commit) it is just not Viable. Again as ive said i want voom to succeed. I LOVE MY HDTV- I have 4 in my house, so im no smarter than voom , ive paid for a product that
i can truly only use to its potential on occasion, more so now but in the beginning there was no HD i could even watch so im no smarter than anyone here LOL

stevesmall--

You post makes me laugh. You have four HDTV's and you don't have Voom. What do you watch?

There are naysayers out there that would flame Voom even if the service cost was half what it is now and the channel selection were twice as much.

stevesmall, i respect your opinion and we'll see how it plays out. i will counter that even though a lot of people don't understand HD today, it's more than it was last week and the week before. once people see it, they want more of it and those with the money will and do pay for it. i believe that people will want that as much as their locals and deal with an antenna to get it.

I'm curious, I see more D* systems with off air antennas for locals to view in HD. Is it that D* sees a need for this like VOOM does. Despite all of D*'s success they only have so much capacity for HD through the dish and realize it might in the end be more cost effective to the off air antenna route. Thoughts?

I love Voom. However, I've had terrible experiences trying to get service. My summer of Voom consisted of many Saturdays waiting for an installer who never showed up. I had to order a cancellation to trick someone into showing up to get it fixed. I wish Voom would be more pro-active about making its customers happy. They have an outstanding product, but will probably go under due to poor service and management. If only I were running the company... They really need to deliver on some of those promises to justify the price increase. If not the price increse will deter new subs, and loose more existing subs. I am addicted to HD, and will stick around until someone else has a better product.

MNHTUG said:
stevesmall--

You post makes me laugh. You have four HDTV's and you don't have Voom. What do you watch?

There are naysayers out there that would flame Voom even if the service cost was half what it is now and the channel selection were twice as much.

I had Voom, BAd installers. Bad boxes. they tried 4 times to get them to work. No local OTA would work, although it does work with Directv I called for tech to come out and get this a 3 week wait. That was not acceptable. I call to cancel later that same day and lo and behold they could have a tech there in 2 days to pick up equiptment !!!!!!!!! Would you have stayed ??

VMI said:
stevesmall, i respect your opinion and we'll see how it plays out. i will counter that even though a lot of people don't understand HD today, it's more than it was last week and the week before. once people see it, they want more of it and those with the money will and do pay for it. i believe that people will want that as much as their locals and deal with an antenna to get it.

I'm curious, I see more D* systems with off air antennas for locals to view in HD. Is it that D* sees a need for this like VOOM does. Despite all of D*'s success they only have so much capacity for HD through the dish and realize it might in the end be more cost effective to the off air antenna route. Thoughts?
I agree but we are the early adopters, most people and if you think about it , given the choice on spending 499 for a 36 standard def tv or 1699 for a high def will spend the 499 wether it be out of necessity , frugalness or just and this is the one i think just no understanding of a product. Everybody would love a rolls royce but the vast majority see it as a ridiculous amount of money. Hence a whole lot more fords on the road than RR. same scenario it cost more and price of HDTV , boxes, ota antennas, REceivers. just make it impossible for some and just not worth it for others. Again We want HD and will pay for it. People are naive when it comes to something they dont understand. Compare it to someone with no health insurance, they need glasses but want an HDTV, would the picture be any good if you couldnt see it clearly ? so buy the glasses and wait on the HDTV. although most of us would have gone without the glasses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts