Promo Pricing - Switching Packages

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gbertler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
I came back to Directv in July. I started out with the Choice package, but then found out that I was missing a few channels I'd really like to have. After about month or so, I upgraded to the Ultimate package, but the price went up to around $100 instead of the price advertised on their website as $85. I did chat with a few customer service reps and they stated that because I didn't go with that package right away, I couldn't get the extra discount. Has anyone had any luck getting the additional promo pricing during the first year when upgrading packages?

Call the cancellation department and tell them you want to cancel if they won't honor the $85 first year price. If they don't give that, you can tell them to hold off instead of cancelling, or you can proceed. If that department won't do it, no department will. Just a reminder the $85 is before any extra receiver fees, in case you have more than one and that is the difference in the bill.

I came back to Directv in July. I started out with the Choice package, but then found out that I was missing a few channels I'd really like to have. After about month or so, I upgraded to the Ultimate package, but the price went up to around $100 instead of the price advertised on their website as $85. I did chat with a few customer service reps and they stated that because I didn't go with that package right away, I couldn't get the extra discount. Has anyone had any luck getting the additional promo pricing during the first year when upgrading packages?

i returned to directv & started out with the choice package last april. after a week or so i switched to the preferred xtra package and still got the promo pricing. since my package isnt offered i had to go through retention. when i login to my account to see the offered packages it shows the discounted promo pricing for each one and alerts me its good through april 2022.

Reactions: gbertler
Thank both for your suggestions. I did call and at the voice prompt asked to speak to the loyalty dept. I ended up getting a deal for $16 off the $103.99 price for the Ultimate package. I was getting $47.01 off from my Choice promo. So at that price, plus whenever the auto pay discount of $5 kicks in, it would be cheaper than the advertised price, which will be $82.99 vs $84.99. Granted it's only for 6 months, but I'll take what I can get.

Thank both for your suggestions. I did call and at the voice prompt asked to speak to the loyalty dept. I ended up getting a deal for $16 off the $103.99 price for the Ultimate package. I was getting $47.01 off from my Choice promo. So at that price, plus whenever the auto pay discount of $5 kicks in, it would be cheaper than the advertised price, which will be $82.99 vs $84.99. Granted it's only for 6 months, but I'll take what I can get.
i would have filed an FCC complaint and demand to be let go if they would not honor the first years promo's then i would have signed back up as a new customer with the ultimate package like you needed. but more the likely the lady of the office of the president would have fixed it for you since she has more power than the CSR'S... i upgraded to the premere pack with the HD movies pack free for 3 months and i am still getting the 66.01 off my bill... I know it's a PIA but sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do... I would also tell them that i am not paying the ETF to be let out of contract since it's there fault and not yours!!!

Call the cancellation department and tell them you want to cancel if they won't honor the $85 first year price. If they don't give that, you can tell them to hold off instead of cancelling, or you can proceed. If that department won't do it, no department will. Just a reminder the $85 is before any extra receiver fees, in case you have more than one and that is the difference in the bill.
File an FCC complaint and demand to be let go from the contract if they won't honor the deal. More than likely they would honor the deal or they would let him run. then he could resign up as a new customer with the package he needs along with applied discounts..

Had this happen to me when I was on DirecTV a few years back. I signed up with the cheapest package available. I didn't notice that The Weather Channel wasn't included. I tried to upgrade my package and I could not do so without losing my promotional price.

It is one of the many reasons why I switched over Dish Network.
I've changed my package up/down several times and still keep the 2 year price lock.

Had this happen to me when I was on DirecTV a few years back. I signed up with the cheapest package available. I didn't notice that The Weather Channel wasn't included. I tried to upgrade my package and I could not do so without losing my promotional price.

It is one of the many reasons why I switched over Dish Network.
I've changed my package up/down several times and still keep the 2 year price lock.
I had dtv re authorize the 4k mini and the twits lost my promo. Called in they said I had it two months ago but we can't give it to you for the rest of the year. Didn't even make it through the first year!!! Filed an fcc complaint was let out of contract free and clear.. Hopefully dtv improved since tgp bought cause att destroyed it!!! I did upgrade to there top package and so far I'm still getting the new customer discounts..

I had dtv re authorize the 4k mini and the twits lost my promo. Called in they said I had it two months ago but we can't give it to you for the rest of the year. Didn't even make it through the first year!!! Filed an fcc complaint was let out of contract free and clear.. Hopefully dtv improved since tgp bought cause att destroyed it!!! I did upgrade to there top package and so far I'm still getting the new customer discounts..
Literally the same company still. Says it on the Directv website they are still part of the ATT Family

i heard that TGP has the exclusive rights to run DTV. though i might be wrong though. it seems to be getting better!!!
ATT Owns 70% of the company and 3 out of the 5 board positions Same person still running the company as before Nothing has changed

Reactions: John2021

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts