Promotions? Making the switch

metty

Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Hi guys,

I've been a cable subscriber for the past 14 years and I'm finally ready to make the switch to Dish. I've read some of the posts here and am a little confused on what I should get. I would really appreciate if people could help me decide what I hardware should get and if there are any promotions or things I should say or ask for when I call to order. Also, shoudl I wait until the new receivers come out?

Here's are my needs:

3 HDTV's
Need HD and DVR
HBO
Sling capabilities

Thanks!
Metty

If you wait until the whole home DVR receivers appear, you may be waiting a while. If you want independent viewing on all sets, I'd go with a 722 and two 211s. The 722 is a two tuner DVR. The 722 has a built-in OTA tuner. The 722k is similar but has a two tuner OTA module as an extra add-on to be purchased. All tuners, sat and OTA, are available at the same time. The 211/211k is a single sat tuner receiver with one OTA tuner. It can be turned into a DVR by paying a one time fee of $40 and adding an external hard drive. The single TV HD DVR is the 612 and has a fee of $10 per month. The 612 has two sat tuners and one OTA tuner. The first receiver like the 722/722k is included in the package cost. There is a $6 account level DVR fee. The 211/211k receivers have a $7 additional receiver fee each per month. HBO is of course available. Sling works with the 722/722k and costs around $100. There is currently a rebate of that same amount available as long as the programming package is AT200 or above. You might check out DishStore (see link at top of page) as they usually offer a cash rebate above any Dish Network offer. Dish also has a 922 which has built-in Sling. It costs quite a bit more and also increases the account level DVR fee to $10. I'm sure others will correct any mistakes I've made and chime in with other ideas.

I have basically the same set up as you(3 HD TV's 1 SD). I re-signed up today and went with a 722 and 2 211K's. You will like *E, I didn't realize how big a deal it was to be able to transfer recordings to a EHD like you can with *E. I have been with *D for the past year and Im more then ready to come back!!

I have basically the same set up as you(3 HD TV's 1 SD). I re-signed up today and went with a 722 and 2 211K's. You will like *E, I didn't realize how big a deal it was to be able to transfer recordings to a EHD like you can with *E. I have been with *D for the past year and Im more then ready to come back!!
You may want to change your order the EHD's on the 211 can't be changed with 722 but VIP 612 can be changed with the 722 and only cost $6 more per month for the 2 of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts