Promotions to switch to Dish?

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Is anyone aware of any promotions to entice people to switch to Dish? I searched, but did not find any. I am part-way through my DirecTV contract, and I would have to pay to get out of it. If Dish had some incentives to sweeten the deal, I might be able to get the wife on-board with switching.

Is anyone aware of any promotions to entice people to switch to Dish? I searched, but did not find any. I am part-way through my DirecTV contract, and I would have to pay to get out of it. If Dish had some incentives to sweeten the deal, I might be able to get the wife on-board with switching.

Why the rush to switch?
To my knowledge DISH does not pay to compensate for penalties when leaving another provider if that's what you are looking for. Otherwise their deals are clearly seen at Dish.com and are about the same they have been for awhile now.

Why the rush to switch?
To my knowledge DISH does not pay to compensate for penalties when leaving another provider if that's what you are looking for. Otherwise their deals are clearly seen at Dish.com and are about the same they have been for awhile now.

General disappointment with a number of things, including Series (Timer) behavior, Mobile App crappiness when downloading recordings for offline viewing, and the fact that I am no longer required to have DirecTV to get "unlimited" data on AT&T Wireless. I chose DirecTV to save money and get the good data plan.

Thanks for the feedback. I have found some deals which include some sizable gift cards, even if you aren't switching, and those would probably cover most of the cost of cancelling DirecTV, if that is what I decide to do. Now I guess I just need to make that decision.

The fact that I cannot add new Series that work properly and transcoded recordings do not play back properly on my wife's iPhone are pretty big deals in my book. I am going to give DirecTV a chance to fix things, but so far they seem hapless.

Most if not all of the gift card offers you will find would be from 3rd party retailers. Many are reputable, some are not.

One surefire way to save $100 up front on top of any other offers would be to use a referral code from an existing Dish customer...hint hint :)

Reactions: pattykay and ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)