Proof VOOM lies!!!!!!

I give up. What's the lie? The channel count? Is it less than 40? How 'bout sharing it with the rest of us?

I think he means the channel count which VOOM says is now over 40 HD channels not including locals.

They went from advertising 39 HD channels - a number they never reached to now advertising OVER 40 HD channels.

Anyone receiving less than 41 HD channels must have a defective box and should call now for a replacement.

The joke of the week:

40+ HD channels are for new subscribers only! Current subscribers are stuck with 37! :D

(I believe I read this at AVS - couldn't stop laughing :))

This is the line up everyone gets http://voom.com/use_it/channel_lineup.jsp no more no less. That page is clearly wrong. It is over 35 HD channels not over 40 HD channels. It looks like the people in charge of advertising do not know how to count. Now because of this should I make a blank statement like "VOOM Lies". Maybe we all should have been up in arm as well since by now we E* promised 50 HD channels and the only receiver you needed was the 6000u. I do not know the specific of the advertisement but someone should let the advertisement agency that their count is incorrect.

I just find it very funny that VOOMs site and TV ad states 40+ HD channels LMAO I called VOOM and told them they need to fix it. Just think when someone goes to that site for the first time thinking VOOM will give them 40+ HD channels when in the REAL world they get 37....LMAO

Regardless of the fact they do lie, about far more important things than the channel line up, the new ad's I've been seeing only claim 35 HD channels.

Well, ok. Voom lies. I'm sure there's a very special place reserved for them in Hell. Until then, however, I'm gonna go ahead and continue to enjoy the channels that they do provide. :D

Did anyone catch the new ad promo on NBC last night? It aired from 7:30 pm to 8pm well it did here in Las Vegas. It was the one filmed in Chicago/Los Angeles and had this girl with black hair hosting. It was promoting the $1 install. Well anyways it was funny she kept saying VOOM had 3 HBO HD channels and VOOM had 39 HD channels. LOL I just keep loving this. VOOM is the best comedy I've seen in years

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Read this! This is the proof VOOM is lying about their HD lineup.

I don't get it. What's so special about lying by Voom? Like, you never lie or something? ;)

I posted this question to voom on their website and this is the response I got.

Question:
Customer 11/20/2004 05:38 PM
I was looking at your current promotion and it said you had over 40 HD channels. I looked through the channel lineup to see what they are and there are only 37 listed. Are there channels available on Voom but that are not listed. Thanks

ANSWER:
Response (Jeremy A.) 11/21/2004 05:02 PM
Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

We are hoping on expanding our channel line up to provide the most HD channels. We currently provide 37 HD channels, not including your local channels on our channel lineup. This is 3 times more HD channels that will service your HDTV to the fullest.

Thank You and Have a Great Day.

I haven't seen that infomercial but since your counting..

I air 4 HBO Family HD channels: HBO HD EAST and WEST and CINEMAX HD EAST and WEST.

Like I said, since I never saw the show I don't know if they are refering to the HBO Family of Channels.

As far as HD .. you all know this.. there are 37 Satellite delivered HD and the rest would come from the OTA. If you get all the OTA then you would be over 41 channels!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts