yes we know that but it says the over 40 HD channel count does NOT include OTA

VOOM
Base Offer VOOM
Current Promotion Competitor's
so-called "deal"*

$199
Fill your HDTV with over 40 channels of HD!** $1
Get over 40 channels of HD in up to 3 rooms...for only a buck!** about $1,000
You'll pay over $299 per room for a 3-room HD setup...and you only get 7 HD channels.**

Standard installation $199 (one-time charge) $1 (one-time charge) for up to 3 rooms with HD receivers. That's right, only a buck. $367.95 gets you 1 room with HD and 2 rooms with standard receivers. Want all 3 rooms in HD like VOOM gives you? You'll have to pay $299 for EACH additional HD box, bringing your total to nearly $1,000!

Monthly equipment charge for 1st receiver $9.50/month for 1st receiver, $14.50/month/receiver for additional receivers $5/month/receiver for all receivers $5/month/receiver for 2nd through 6th receivers, plus commitment to the $10.99/month HD package for a year.

Additional receivers, installation (up to 5 additional receivers, one-time charge per receiver) $50 each Up to 3 HD receivers installed for only $1
4th, 5th and 6th HD receivers installed for $49 each The first 3 receivers are over $350, and only 1 is an HD receiver. The rest are $49 each, but unlike VOOM, they can't handle HD. For additional HD receivers, you'll have to pay $299 EACH.

VOOM programming package $49.90/month includes 26 HD channels $49.90/month includes 26 HD channels $50.89/month, including the $10.99/month HD package…and that only gives you 5 HD channels.

Va Va VOOM programming package $89.90/month gives you over 40 HD channels, including premium channels from HBO (2), Cinemax (2), Showtime (2), The MovieChannel, STARZ! (2) and Encore! $89.90/month gives you over 40 HD channels, including premium channels from HBO (2), Cinemax (2), Showtime (2), The MovieChannel, STARZ! (2) and Encore! $101.98/month, including the $10.99/month HD package, gives you 5 HD channels, plus HBO and Showtime…but the rest of your premiums are not in HD. Not much of a deal.

Commitment no commitment 6 month commitment 12 month commitment

VOOM package with 1 receiver, taxes not included (example) $199 down, $54.90/month $1 down, $54.90/month
You save $198 off our Base Offer, and over $349 off the competitor's price! $367.95 down, $50.98/month

Va Va VOOM package with 1 receiver, taxes not included (example) $199 down, $94.90/month $1 down, $94.90/month
You save $198 off our Base Offer, and over $349 off the competitor's price! $367.95 down, $101.98/month

Satellite dish yes yes yes

HD receiver and remote yes yes For their $299 deal, only the first receiver is HD...the rest are not. Again, you'll need about $1,000 to get HD in 3 rooms.

Digital antenna for digital local channels Included Included $49 extra

HD-DVR (additional charge) Coming soon at a reasonable price Coming soon at a reasonable price Available, but at a list price of over $1,000. And with so few HD channels, what good is an HD-DVR anyway?

VOOM HD Originals Yes…21 HD channels, exclusive to VOOM Yes…21 HD channels, exclusive to VOOM No…the other guys will never be able to offer the 21 exclusive VOOM HD channels.

Your Favorite Networks yes yes yes

PlusPacks featuring HD and SD channels from HBO, Cinemax, SHOWTIME and STARZ! Included with Va Va VOOM package, can be added to VOOM package Included with Va Va VOOM package, can be added to VOOM package Only HBO and Showtime are HD, and only one version of each (VOOM has 2).

Playboy Hot HD Can be added to VOOM or Va Va VOOM package ($19.90/month) Can be added to VOOM or Va Va VOOM package ($19.90/month) Nowhere else! This is a VOOM exclusive.

The most HD anywhere Over 40 HD channels (plus off-air local channels where available in HD) Over 40 HD channels (plus off-air local channels where available in HD) Only 7 HD channels (plus off-air local channels where available in HD)

Industry's best picture quality Yes. Just ask the experts: CNET, Home Theater Magazine, Wired, CE Tips…and our customers! Yes. Just ask the experts: CNET, Home Theater Magazine, Wired, CE Tips…and our customers! They may brag about their picture quality, but when it comes down to it, they can't compare to VOOM. Just ask the experts…seeing is believing!

Based on survey of competitor Web sites as of 11/1/2004.
**Programming charges extra. HD channel count does not include off-air channels, which may provide additional HD programming.

Was that the script?
I will agree it is not exactly correct, even the Premium count is wrong. We have 2 Starz HD channels!!
There are no disclaimers anywhere during this?
Which channel did you see this on? I will watch it and report to the execs about it if it is indeed incorrect.

"...just pointing out their mistake"? Actually, you're kinda screaming about it at the top of your lungs and calling them liars. :D Which I'm okay with. Hell, if it makes ya feel better, rant away. I've been known to go off myself on occasion --usually program guide related, but sometimes billing, customer service, . . . :p But any new customer who doesn't make sure exactly what channels are available has no one to blame but him or herself.

But any new customer who doesn't make sure exactly what channels are available has no one to blame but him or herself.[/QUOTE]

VOOM makes a big deal about the NUMBER of HD channels that they have. They also make a big deal about the NUMBER of HD channels that their competitors have. If you are relying on NUMBERS in your marketing campaign don't you think you should not lie about what the NUMBERS are? VOOM was informed about the misleading information on their web site weeks ago yet they still advertise over 40 HD channels.

How exactly should a customer verify what HD channels are available? ask a CSR - they lie read a VOOM brochure - it lies (mine says INHD is on VOOM) how about check the VOOM web site for the most up to date information - it lies too (over 40 HD channels) how about the VOOM TV commercials - some of them say 39 HD channels - another lie

If I recall noone on this board could ever figure out what VOOM was doing with a couple of FSN HD feeds out of Ohio and Florida back during the end of this last MLB season. Some people got it, others didn't and it didn't seem to be based on location.
How confusing is that?

jnardone said:
VOOM makes a big deal about the NUMBER of HD channels that they have. They also make a big deal about the NUMBER of HD channels that their competitors have. If you are relying on NUMBERS in your marketing campaign don't you think you should not lie about what the NUMBERS are? VOOM was informed about the misleading information on their web site weeks ago yet they still advertise over 40 HD channels.

How exactly should a customer verify what HD channels are available? ask a CSR - they lie read a VOOM brochure - it lies (mine says INHD is on VOOM) how about check the VOOM web site for the most up to date information - it lies too (over 40 HD channels) how about the VOOM TV commercials - some of them say 39 HD channels - another lie

So what? I don't count their HD channels. I know that there's plenty of them. Who cares whether it is 35 or 40? You really think that there are potential customers who would sign up for 40 channels but would not if there were only 35?

andrzej said:
So what? I don't count their HD channels. I know that there's plenty of them. Who cares whether it is 35 or 40? You really think that there are potential customers who would sign up for 40 channels but would not if there were only 35?

Maybe not - but I know there is at least one who signed up based on the programming available on INHD1 and INHD2 and many who signed up because the DVR was going to be available in Summer 04 and a whole lot more who signed up and left because VOOM and antennaweb told them they should get OTA channels but poorly trained VOOM installers could not get them to work.

jnardone said:
If you are relying on NUMBERS in your marketing campaign don't you think you should not lie about what the NUMBERS are? How exactly should a customer verify what HD channels are available?
Um.. yes, I agree. Lying is bad. But this ain't exactly the worst example of it in the world. I would say verify what HD channels are available by doing all of the things you mentioned. And checking this and other web sites. As soon as you see two different numbers from Voom themselves, you should know better than to just take their word for it. I went on the web site and printed a channel line-up list. I did not count them -- just saw that they had everything I wanted (except Fox Sports Detroit, but I decided it wasn't a deal-breaker) for a price I considered fair. And I probably even saw the brochure that said they had INHD. But with that being the only source that said they had it -- wasn't on their website channel lineup, CSR said no, people on this site were/are begging for it, didn't see it mentioned anywhere else -- I kinda figured they didn't have it.

Any new customer who doesn't make sure exactly what channels are available has no one to blame but him or her self. Still believe that. Take a little responsibility. If you feel you got played for a sucker by Voom, cancel. Move on to one of the providers that offers a handful of HD channels ( I'm sure they'll give you the EXACT number if you tell them how important it is to you) and get over it. I really doubt that there's a big party goin' on with CSRs, brochure-printers, and web dudes all tippin' a glass to each other & makin' fun of the guy they tricked into thinkin' they have INHD.

I can't believe this cryin' over a few HD channels when VOOM's HD content is way way ahead of any competitor. Every sat and cable company stretch and occasionally blow right past the truth. I wonder if you call out D* and E* on their shortcomings like you do VOOM. Or is it easier to complain than find the positive in things.

I'm not crying but you can't have a new company just come out and make up stuff. They need to be correct with everything they advertise and that's my point. Yes they are ahead of everyone else with HD but like I said the point of the matter is they can't do what they are doing forever. If I was a new company I'd want to make sure I'm delievering the correct info about my company. If I wasn't then I'd correct the incorrect info fast and not ignore customers who have aproached me about. It's like they don't care. So if you think I'm crying or whatever think what you will. I don't care

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
They need to be correct with everything they advertise and that's my point. Yes they are ahead of everyone else with HD but like I said the point of the matter is they can't do what they are doing forever. If I was a new company I'd want to make sure I'm delievering the correct info about my company. If I wasn't then I'd correct the incorrect info fast and not ignore customers who have aproached me about. It's like they don't care.
Finally, a well-put post, FvJvA! (I edited out the end, where you stomped your feet and ran off to your room! :p ;) ) If you'da posted it like this from the outset a lot more people woulda agreed. It makes a lot more sense to simply make a point instead of screaming about lie proof and laughing about pure stupidity, blah blah blah...

...but it's probably not as much fun! :D

Dish Network also lies. Here is what happened when I cancelled Dish today. The conversation was pretty funny. The first person I spoke with at Dish Network was an Account Representative. He asked me why I was canceling Dish. I informed him we only have High Definition television sets in our house and Dish offers very limited High Definition stations.

At that point he says I was wrong and Dish offers seven (7) High Def channels. I informed him I had Voom and Adelphia Cable, and I receive over 50 High Def channels using these two services, including INHD1, INHD2, HDNet, ABC-HD, NBC-HD, CBS-HD, PBS-HD, FOX-HD, plus 39 additional High Def channels on Voom.

His response was that Cable and Voom do not offer “true” high definition like Dish. “Dish is the only provider of true high definition channels”. I had to laugh.

Well, then I get transferred to another customer service representative (a disconnect representative) and I had to explain again why I was canceling Dish. He informed me the picture quality on cable and Voom were less superior to Dish, and he also could offer me 3 months of free service if I do not cancel. I cancelled.

give the CSR's a break there only trying to do a good job :D
voomhotline.JPG

I was thinking we could hold a VOOM telethon, WE could all send voom extra $ to train theses folks and hiring new programmers so we can get a firmware version with no bugs.

Dont get me wrong its the Best HD provider,but Cmon already act like a professional company .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)