Status
Please reply by conversation.

Daisymay2249

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
north of Texas
Hey guys

I have a HR24 DVR, its the only receiver I have or will ever be getting. This is a self install, I have the SWM Slimline 5 dish. I right this moment only have the 1 tuner of the HR24 going, in order to hook up second tuner I need a proper splitter.

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what I need, looked at a green label 2 way swm splitter on ebay, will this be all I need? I noticed the 2 output are different, one has a funny cap on it.

If this is all I need would be very grateful if one of you guys could explain to me the hookup.

You do NOT need a splitter at all for a single receiver. (DVR or otherwise) This is NOT like DISH receivers.
You DO however, need a separate power supply for any SWM dish; you did not mention about having any PS already.
If (or once) you do, all you need to do is run the TO RECEIVER output of the PS, into the tuner 1 (SWM) input of the receiver. You ALSO must rerun dish setup to enable BOTH tuners - that's it.

Also, don't leave the dvr connected without the power inserter.

Interjecting a question here,COULD you use a green labeled 2-way splitter(with a one cable SWM LNB) IF you wanted to run coaxial cable to the power inserter alone through the power in/out part of the splitter(then terminating the cable out part of the power inserter) & then a second coaxial cable to the HR24 through the non-powered side of the splitter?

Interjecting a question here,COULD you use a green labeled 2-way splitter(with a one cable SWM LNB) IF you wanted to run coaxial cable to the power inserter alone through the power in/out part of the splitter(then terminating the cable out part of the power inserter) & then a second coaxial cable to the HR24 through the non-powered side of the splitter?

Yes, that works fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)