ProSieben #726

piano4rent

Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Wierdness has sunk into this channel from Dish. The program guide is worthless because the shows change. I can't program the DVR because the show Dish says will play never plays - some other show is broadcast. The Dish internet site shows many hours of "to be announced". My emails to them are returned with my questions unanswered and in place of an answer are canned comments and news of a price increase on March 18 for this channel.

I know ProSieben is still broadcasting the shows SAM and Raab in Germany and I'm puzzled why the USA channel has turned so bad. Anyone have news of financial or contractual trouble with the USA ProSieben? I suspect they have had their access to the programming cut off.

Scoop

I found on a German language site the scoop on this. The channel has budget issues and has quit packaging current shows for the USA and Canada markets. They will concentrate their budget on the German market.

The Dish DVR program guide still does not match what is being broadcast. There is no more news broadcast, no more talk shows, not more magazine shows ( SAM, Total TV, Taff , current soccor) the kind of shows that people subscribed to this service for.

This is not Dish Networks fault, however, I tend to think that this would fall into a breach of contract and subscribers to German TV on Dish have a right to cancel service to their German package contract without penalties as the channel is grossly different in program content in what was advertised and broadcast until three weeks ago.

I'm VERY Pissed

well put piano4rent. I've subscribed to ProSiebenSat.1 Welt since November 2005. Since then it's all i watch about 99% of the time. i've been learning German for about six years now. I can tell you EXACTLY when ProSiebenSat.1 Welt went to CRAP. it was over Easter Weekend. i was like what is going on with this channel. THEN IT HAS NEVER CHANGED SINCE! i'm very pissed about it to say the least. i've written Prosiebensat.1 welt 5 or 6 times under different names. I've written ProSieben.de and tvtotal.de.

It only occurred to me yesterday how i used to come here (satelliteguys.us) whenever i had problems or needed info. If i remember right there was me and maybe two other people here that cared about ProSiebenSat.1 Welt (Dishnetwork channel 726). I did a search now and i guess you and me are the only ones here who care about this.

I can't live without TV Total (you should know what i'm talking about). I've been trying to figure out how to get the Prosieben (Prosieben.de) programming here in the United States now (since ProSiebenSat.1 Welt has dropped all the Excellent ProSieben programming/shows).

I'm thinking obviously the only way is through a high-speed Internet connection. I've heard about IPTV boxes. Do you know any ways that this can be done? Is a high-speed DSL Internet connection good enough to watch TV on?

There is no more news broadcast, no more talk shows, not more magazine shows ( SAM, Total TV, Taff , current soccor) the kind of shows that people subscribed to this service for.

EXactly! I don't know how many people in North America subscribe to ProsiebenSat.1 Welt, but i know like me that they cannot be very happy about this change, to say the least...

Update

Neues von
ProSiebenSat.1 Welt

Beginning May 21st back on your screen:

TV total Daily, Mein neues Leben XXL, N24 Wissen, Mein neuer Job, Abenteuer Leben, Zwei bei Kallwass, Genial daneben und more.

THERE IT IS! Right off their website. The good stuff is back!

their website is prosiebensat1welt dot com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts