My VIP622 went down today. Is the 722 worth a $75 upgrade?

G-force

Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
So I woke up this morning and went to turn it on and nothing. No console lights on the box. I tried a couple power cycles. The green light would come on for a second then go out, you could hear the fans going then all lights would light up for a second and go out. Eventually the fans would stop after that. Tried unplugging it, didn't help.

I've never had a problem with this unit in almost 2 years of ownership. Now I'm without a DVR until they send out a replacement (4-5 days).

They did say for an additional $75 I could upgrade the replacement to the VIP722. Do you guys feel it's worth the $75 upgrade?

So I woke up this morning and went to turn it on and nothing. No console lights on the box. I tried a couple power cycles. The green light would come on for a second then go out, you could hear the fans going then all lights would light up for a second and go out. Eventually the fans would stop after that. Tried unplugging it, didn't help.

I've never had a problem with this unit in almost 2 years of ownership. Now I'm without a DVR until they send out a replacement (4-5 days).

They did say for an additional $75 I could upgrade the replacement to the VIP722. Do you guys feel it's worth the $75 upgrade?

$75.00 and 2 yr contract no way.

$300 and it can be yours outright with no contract. The 722 does seem to be a much better built unit however. I dont see the issues on them that the 622s have. Just my 2 cents.

is 75.oo the upgrade price for them to send an installer, or is that the upgrade price for them to just ship you out one? find out, if they are quoting you the installed price, you might get it cheaper with the shipped option.

Without a contract, I would say all day, every day, yes. If a contract, it depends how much time is left on your current contract. Also, if you don't plan on changing services, the contract might be a moot point.

722 has 55 hours of HD versus 30 hours with 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)