Prospective subscriber has questions (RSN, HD content)

bakesalee

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Hi everyone. I am thinking of getting Dish Network mostly because of the regional sports networks, but want to make sure of some things.

If I live in Connecticut, can I get Fox Sports Arizona? If a Suns game is broadcast in HD on Fox Sports AZ will I be able to watch it in HD? From my time in Phoenix, I know FSNAZ only broadcasts games in HD, nothing else. What will be on screen for the FSNAZ-HD channel if they're running their usual SD stuff?

What would be the minimum package to buy to get Fox Sports Net Arizona and the most HD channels possible?

I'd really like the HD-only service with RSN a la carte, but from reading here you can't. How would I get all 40+ channels offered in that package plus FSNAZ? "100+" package plus $20 HD ultimate add-on?

This is confusing. I've never even heard of most of the additional HD channels on the ultimate add-on but just want to have access to the Science channel HD for my girlfriend.

I never thought I'd get a dish, but with the ridiculous cable fees, and recently discovering I may be able to get out of market sports, I'm leaning that way. I just want to clarify that by "RSN" I get all of them, not just the ones that would be available in my area if I had cable.

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone. I am thinking of getting Dish Network mostly because of the regional sports networks, but want to make sure of some things.

If I live in Connecticut, can I get Fox Sports Arizona? If a Suns game is broadcast in HD on Fox Sports AZ will I be able to watch it in HD? From my time in Phoenix, I know FSNAZ only broadcasts games in HD, nothing else. What will be on screen for the FSNAZ-HD channel if they're running their usual SD stuff?

What would be the minimum package to buy to get Fox Sports Net Arizona and the most HD channels possible?

I'd really like the HD-only service with RSN a la carte, but from reading here you can't. How would I get all 40+ channels offered in that package plus FSNAZ? "100+" package plus $20 HD ultimate add-on?

This is confusing. I've never even heard of most of the additional HD channels on the ultimate add-on but just want to have access to the Science channel HD for my girlfriend.

I never thought I'd get a dish, but with the ridiculous cable fees, and recently discovering I may be able to get out of market sports, I'm leaning that way. I just want to clarify that by "RSN" I get all of them, not just the ones that would be available in my area if I had cable.

Thanks everyone.

You will NOT be able to see ANY major league out of market sports feeds.
This is not Dish's fault it is the league's policy. If you want out of market sports you will have to buy a sports package the NBA,NHL ect. But Dish does not thae the baseball out of market sports package also they don't have the NFL package. If you want those packages you will have to look at Direct.

Good deal or a sucker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)