PS3 2.40 firmware out...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks for the warning. I was going to update it tonight. But since I have a "60" it might not have been a problem anyway.

I certainly won't try any updates now- taking the PS3 with me over the weekend to watch a few.

Heh, something like 12 hours and the thread on the PS3 forums was over 70 pages. Seemed like a variety of system setups. It's bricking them for most normal people, that or the only other currently known solution is to format the drive with a PC (and lose all data).

Wow.

And the thing that is creepy about it is how much they're trying to downplay it. It's only natural that they do, but this is a pretty focused effort:

PlayStation.Blog » Firmware v2.40 status

As has been reported on many gaming blogs and websites, we have temporarily taken Firmware v2.40 offline. We’ve received a limited number of calls from consumers experiencing an issue with installing the system software update on their PS3. While our consumer services department has seen a low volume of calls on this topic, we are committed to providing the PS3 community with XMB access features delivered in the v2.40 update. We are working diligently to isolate the problem for those few consumers and to identify a solution before we put the firmware back up.

Less damage control and more substance please :(

That blog has attracted 430 comments in 7 hours.

And the thing that is creepy about it is how much they're trying to downplay it. It's only natural that they do, but this is a pretty focused effort:

PlayStation.Blog » Firmware v2.40 status

Less damage control and more substance please :(

That blog has attracted 430 comments in 7 hours.
That blog has 430 comments in 7 hours, after the brick firmware came out and not a word around here in 3 days hmmm. Boy this is really turning into the cheerzone. I guess all the behind the scenes complaining to the Mods and PM-ing each other has worked. I started a new thread warning people about this potentially catastrophic issue and somebody said it had already had been mentioned in another thread and magic my thread was deleted. Now no one coming here will know about this major issue because it’s buried deep in another thread. Is that the new tactic now to quickly post things deep in another thread so when a deserving thread is created someone can say its already in another thread assured that new thread gets deleted?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts