ps3 and charter internet connection

beaufosheau

Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
wisconsin
Okay. I have my tv and internet provided through charter. A cable directly from outside connects to my router. I don't get a very good wireless connection where my ps3 is located (in the basement, router is upstairs). I have thought about running a ethernet cable from my router to my ps3 but then i remembered that i have a modem in my basement given to me by charter used for hdtv. This modem has an ethernet slot and i was wondering if it is possible to get an internet connection from that modem on my ps3 via ethernet rather than running 50 ft+ of ethernet cable to get all the way from my router.

Thanks in advanced!

Okay. I have my tv and internet provided through charter. A cable directly from outside connects to my router. I don't get a very good wireless connection where my ps3 is located (in the basement, router is upstairs). I have thought about running a ethernet cable from my router to my ps3 but then i remembered that i have a modem in my basement given to me by charter used for hdtv. This modem has an ethernet slot and i was wondering if it is possible to get an internet connection from that modem on my ps3 via ethernet rather than running 50 ft+ of ethernet cable to get all the way from my router.

Thanks in advanced!

No,if you are talking about a Motorola HD STB. Why don't you invest in a Netgear or Actiontec MoCA set-up. You set up a MoCA adapter where your broadband modem & router is,& you use your coaxial cable to run internet connection. You install your second MoCA adapter by hooking it up to the coaxial cable running to your HD STB. You use the ethernet connection to run ethernet cable to your PS3 & the coaxial out connection to run your coaxial cable to your set-top box. If you get the Netgear MoCA adapters,you can configure them to not interfere with your cable TV signal & you can add data encryption for extra security. MCAB1001

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts