PS3 Audio issue vs HDDVD Player/Sat Rcvr

Ok,

I just got a Sony rcvr, mainly because it has 3 hdmi inputs that allows me to just have one cable to my tv. Im noticing something on the surr sound that I am unsure of the cause(home audio illiterate). I have a polk center, polk floorstanders and a polk sub(no rears).

My rcvr, as most Sony's, has the A.F.D. selection that you can leave on auto or pick one of the many manual(Dolby, dolby II, etc...) settings.

I've been leaving it in AFD AUTO since that seemed to work, but here's what Ive noticed:

D* HD/OTA Channels - rcvr runs the floor, center and sub
D* SD - rcvr runs floors and sub
HDDVD - rcvr runs floors, sub and center
PS3 - runs the floors and sub

I have the HDDVD and PS3 on PCM, am wondering why the center is not being used with the PS3. Thanks for any input.

I can say, Im VERY happy with the SQ on HDDVD's and BD's. Much better, we watched 300 and Cars last night and I was impressed with the sound.

Did you reconfigure your PS3 for HDMI audio?

Did you reconfigure your PS3 for HDMI audio?

I've always had it sending audio thru the HDMI cable, initially it was connected directly to my tv via hdmi. HDMI audio is set for Linear PCM.

After a few days of use, This is what I see continously:

HD-DVD - Will say PCM 48 3/2.1 when watching a movie
HD Channels on D*(5.1) - 3/2.1
PS3 - Just sayd PCM 48 but does not use the center

Im guessing I must be missing something on the PS3 if this is abnormal.

Thanks, did not figure I needed to do that.

Will give it a shot when I get in from Tampa on Thu.

Right, during the set up it will ask you if you want to do automatic or manual... if you haven't redone that since you got the new receiver, it's probably still set to whatever your previous receiver (or TV) would accept. I know on mine, it will only send 2 channels through HDMI to the TV, and the TV won't pass any audio from the HDMI inputs to the receiver through it's optical output. I have to use optical directly from the PS3 to the receiver.

Right, during the set up it will ask you if you want to do automatic or manual... if you haven't redone that since you got the new receiver, it's probably still set to whatever your previous receiver (or TV) would accept. I know on mine, it will only send 2 channels through HDMI to the TV, and the TV won't pass any audio from the HDMI inputs to the receiver through it's optical output. I have to use optical directly from the PS3 to the receiver.

Im sure that was all my tv was allowing, will fix when I get home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)