PS3 Downloadable Games

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Is there a way to copy a downloaded game to take to a friend's house to play on his PS3?

Not talking about piracy here. For example, say I download one of the cheapy games that's multiplayer. Would I be able to take it to my friend's house and play it on his PS3?

I don't think so. I think Sony actually does consider that piracy - well if not piracy then something similar. You downloaded it onto your system, that's where it stays.

Now, all of that is not to say that there isn't a way to do it... but it would have to be something that someone "figured out" - I don't think there is an officially supported method.

PS3 DRM: Downloads support five systems

Is there a way to copy a downloaded game to take to a friend's house to play on his PS3?

Not talking about piracy here. For example, say I download one of the cheapy games that's multiplayer. Would I be able to take it to my friend's house and play it on his PS3?

PS3 DRM: Downloads support five systems - Joystiq

Games bought through the PlayStation Store will be able to run on five-or-fewer systems. Of course, if you own more than five systems, you can probably afford to pay for the game again on the sixth. (Hah, we kid; you didn't get so rich by wasting money on a game you already bought.) The important application for the five-or-less rule is that you can log in to the PlayStation Store at a friend's house and re-download a game for free.

When you leave your friend's house, Sony says that you can leave the game there. If the title is an online multiplayer game, only one of you can use it at a time. But if it's an offline game, we were told that the multiple systems can continue to play it.

Sounds like you and your four best friends may be splitting PS3 game downloads.

PS3 DRM: Downloads support five systems - Joystiq

Games bought through the PlayStation Store will be able to run on five-or-fewer systems. Of course, if you own more than five systems, you can probably afford to pay for the game again on the sixth. (Hah, we kid; you didn't get so rich by wasting money on a game you already bought.) The important application for the five-or-less rule is that you can log in to the PlayStation Store at a friend's house and re-download a game for free.

When you leave your friend's house, Sony says that you can leave the game there. If the title is an online multiplayer game, only one of you can use it at a time. But if it's an offline game, we were told that the multiple systems can continue to play it.

Sounds like you and your four best friends may be splitting PS3 game downloads.

Interesting, but here's my question: You can download it on their system using your user ID, but can they play it using theirs? I thought I read something about Warhawk that you had to be logged in on the user ID that downloaded it to be able to play it.... also, that doesn't completely answer the original question, which was whether or not you can copy a game from one system to another - that I still don't think you can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)