This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

PS3 Firmware Install

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
I just purchased a PS3 at BBY. It is the 80gb version. In order to connect to the Playstation Network, I had to do a system update. I did this and have been waiting forever to get this update installed. It downloaded quickly, but it is taking forever to install.....do I wait? How long will this take???

That seems very odd....... i also have the 80 gb and usually it takes much longer
to download then install (about 45 minutes or 1 hr for download but only a few
minutes for install)

Just wait. sometimes it takes forever to install. I have the 40gb version and the last update i installed took nearly 30 mins.

Wow, my updates take no where near that amount of time, maybe 15 minutes at the most (60GB 03/07). Hopefully it updated okay for you.

My updates are usually in the 15 to 20 minute range I have a 40gb.

I got an 80GB MGS4 bundle and the firmware I had to install took a decent amount of time. Also don't forget that the 2.41 update was a rather drastic update (assuming you didn't do 2.4), so that may have added on to it as well, especially if the PS3 had a really old firmware already installed.

I suppose it has a lot to do with how fast your dsl or cable is and also how busy the
website is at the time of your download