PS3 for audio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I popped an SACD into my PS3 to listen to, with my Onkyo set to pure audio. Great. Decided to switch to the next track. No response. FF, no response. Pause, stop, etc, no response. OK, shift from the BD movie control to sixaxis, still no response.

Are there no controls to go directly to a track, or skip a track, FF, etc? Am I missing something obvious?

Are there no controls to go directly to a track, or skip a track, FF, etc? Am I missing something obvious?

The controls should work exactly the same the way they do for regular audio CD. There's a troubleshooting guide for SACD on PS3 in the FAQ at PS3SACD dot com but I haven't seen this problem reported before. Are you sure the SACD is actually divided intro tracks? (All that I own are but I could imagine a disc consisting of one big track.)

Dark Side of the Moon. Thanks for the link, I'll investigate.

OK, reporting back in.

I went thru the settings and checked everything. Looked over all connections. Made sure the sixaxis was fine. In other words, I have no idea what I did, but it works fine now. Both the sixaxis and the BD controller. I get a fleeting error message on CDs and SACDs about error reading (track info?) but the track labels are displayed and the controls work.

And I've never heard Dark Side with such clarity. Onkyo 805. PS3. And Klipsch. ESPECIALLY "Money." I'm going to have to schedule time this weekend to zone out on a few of these discs.

And FWIW, Blade Runner's opening is REALLY impressive.

Thank you for your comment and the link to a really nice spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)