PS3 - It only does everything, except for leap year

Had no problem playing Dragon Age yesterday morning, and my trophies worked fine.

Couldn't log into Netflix last night from the PS3 though, did work from the PC, so was only a PS3 thing.

I was able to use my Netflix streaming disc last night, though I'm otherwise affected by this problem on my 40 GB phat. I had manually reset my clock beforehand, and according to some reports floating around the Net, that may make a difference.

I thought about manually changing the time to get my PS3 60GB operational on the PlayStation Network, but I read an article somewhere in cyberspace saying it could only be done with firmware. Do you now if this will fix the problem? Regardless, I will try it this evening.

Tried that this morning. It will not fix it.

They didn't fix anything.
It's now the march the 2nd. The PSN servers and internal clock are set to GMT. It worked itself out.

I was able to use my Netflix streaming disc last night, though I'm otherwise affected by this problem on my 40 GB phat. I had manually reset my clock beforehand, and according to some reports floating around the Net, that may make a difference.
That's what I wound up doing in order to get Netflix to work, manually reset the clock.

At least we won't have to worry about this problem again until 2014...

Last night I went in and did an internet update on the date/time, and it held. Checked again this morning and all seems to be back to normal.

They fixed PSN to work with them. But to get the date to be correct you need to manually update it. Just go to the date and time settings and ask it to update via the internet.

I guess I lucked out on this one. I didn't play at all on Monday (just because I didn't have time - had no idea about the issue), but my son did for a while. He was just playing a PS2 game, though, so not sure if that helped... anyway, I logged on last night, and my date was off by one day, but I reset via the Internet and I was good to go - no issues with loss of trophies or other data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)