PS3 NAT 3 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sparky93

Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
Indiana
I am having having trouble with the nat connection with my ps3. I tried wireless and wired to my router and keep getting nat 3. I am using an Embarq 660 series modem and a WRT54GS Linksys router. If i directly connect the ps3 o the modem i get nat 2 which is what i want. I connected the modem directly to my WAP54G Linksys access point I get nat 2 but it keeps kicking me off for some reason. I tried putting the modem in bridge mode and no luck with that either. Do I need a new modem?

I am having having trouble with the nat connection with my ps3. I tried wireless and wired to my router and keep getting nat 3. I am using an Embarq 660 series modem and a WRT54GS Linksys router. If i directly connect the ps3 o the modem i get nat 2 which is what i want. I connected the modem directly to my WAP54G Linksys access point I get nat 2 but it keeps kicking me off for some reason. I tried putting the modem in bridge mode and no luck with that either. Do I need a new modem?
Did you try DMZing your PS3?

I would much rather open up the specific ports that the PS3 needs rather than putting it in the DMZ. Putting it in the DMZ opens up all the ports for the device and opens it up for potential hack.

I am pretty sure I already tried DMZ and had no luck with it, I probably did something wrong with the DMZ setup so I will give it a another try. My friends xbox 360 works fine on the router through a wired connection haven't tried wireless yet.

I am pretty sure I already tried DMZ and had no luck with it, I probably did something wrong with the DMZ setup so I will give it a another try. My friends xbox 360 works fine on the router through a wired connection haven't tried wireless yet.

Unless your linksys has very ancient code, its not the linksys causing problem if you set it up as DMZ and it still doesn't work. Probably something about your ISP or its modem.

There is much more complete discsussion on how to to get to NAT 2 on the PSN forums. Including how to set it up with specific ports rather than DMZ'ing it for those worried about some PS3 virus/hack.

Note that the PS3 used to get kicked off, if you have SSID broadcast active. Turn it off. I thought they had fixed that in a PS3 code update.

okay I have a motorola dsl modem from att and I have a netgear wnd3300 router..well I couldnt get nat type 2 no matter what I did, I tried DMZ port forwarding, EVERYTHING...UPNP on, UPNP off...anyways I finally got it to wkr and here is what I did, I put the modem in bridge mode and set up the ppoe on my router...and now it works without a hitch, Nat Type 2 and no problems so far (random sign outs and things of that nature!) I would try putting your modem in bridge mode one more time, and then setting up port forwarding on your router (or do dmz like I did) let us know if that works.

I have my PS3 in a DMZ and rarely have an issue with my Linksys, however, every few months or so, I will have to reboot my router as my PS3 suddenly becomes unable to detect the network. I always assumed that is was just a missed encryption key. A 10 second power down of the router always resolves the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)