PS3 Network Down?

Actually the statement says because of the outside intrusion and the effects it had, they decided to take down the services entirely to investigate more and to conduct additional testing to ensure secure operations moving forward. This is SOP for most businesses.

I believe Sony is overhauling their PS3 network after Hotz's remarks here
Hell, maybe you even pissed off your engineering employees enough to leave some nice backdoors?

And they might not have a better chance ever to divert the rage of their members to hackers-terrorists...:p

Diogen.

I bought Tiger Woods 12 with Agusta today. Stick it in and sat down to have some fun. Need to update pops up, so I go to do that , starts doing it then error code 80710723 pops up. Darn, then I see the network is down and cant update.Wish I would have know thar before I bought it.

Paradox-SJ said:
It's not like you had to pay for this service right....If you want reliability switch to XBL :)
:confused:

Uhhh...

How would that help me watch MLB? ;)

Actually, I do pay for the MLB service. One of the reasons I bought it was so I can watch it on my PS3.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I use the PS3 for two things and pretty much two things only, watching baseball on the MLB APP and watching Blue Ray movies. The X-Box does neither of these. Having a more reliable network is moot if the network cannot provide what I need in the first place (MLB.TV).

The reason why I bought a PS3 because at the time, about 5 years ago, it was the best Blue Ray player on that market and less expensive than the stand alone Blue Ray players which did less.

To be honest, this is the first time something like this has happened since I have had it, or at least the first time it has affected me. If it did happen before, I did not notice

I thought of doing something like that, but instead of doing some secondary software to stream to my TV, all I need to do is plug my laptop into my TV and watch it that way. I just rather watch it on the laptop in front of me than a mirror image of the laptop on the TV from a distance.

Sony said it is "working around the clock to bring them both back online," but didn't say when they might return. Phone calls to the company's Tokyo headquarters went unanswered on Sunday.
"We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project," the statement said. :mad::mad::rant::mad::mad:

This really does suck... Not sure who I'm more annoyed with Sony, for not securing it's network better; or them damn hackers :-/

Been on the fence of selling my ps3 setup for months now. As I really don't like the controller and Move had(has) so much over kinect. But to me the camera doesn't work well and move controllers are just as bad.

Ok now I'm whining sorry

All I was they would do is "unlink" the PSN login from any and all other apps; however crap happens from time to time and this in no way will make me have a knee-jerk reaction and leave.

I don't give a damn about the network, I only care about MLB.TV. If they can somehow unlink from their network I could care less how long it takes

I posted this in the pub but should do so here too.

I discovered on Saturday that I could push past the sorry can't log in message when trying to access Netflix and after 3-4 tries using the circle back key, was able to bring up the Netflix menu and watch some movies. Once in, you don't get the error message anymore until you back out to the PS3 desktop. DK- see if that works for your MLB access. I didn't try for Vudu or Hulu yet but I wouldn't be surprised if that works similar to Netflix.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Release Date Revealed

PWNED #7 | Battlefield 3 Special

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)