PS3 not reading disks! HELP!

Lodi25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Stockton, CA
I have the 40GB one and it's not reading any disk I put in. DVD's and music CD's don't work either. Has anybody else had this problem? It's almost 2 years old, so their is no warranty on it. Is it true it's $150 to send it to SONY to get it fixed????!!? :confused:

I would try a BD lens cleaning kit first before chalking it up to "optical drive failure" and sending it in to Sony for $150. You also might consider getting a new Slim through SonyStyle.com. I think you can still get a $100 credit toward your purchase ($299) if you sign up for one of their credit cards. Good luck! I have the same 40 GB SKU, but no problems so far(crossing fingers).

I have the same 40GB PS3 and had to send it in for a similar issue. Mine happened within the first year. It stopped playing Blu-ray disc's but would still play DVD's and CD's.

I did a backup of the disk before sending it in. I did a restore on the new system I got back. All the accounts recovered, but it put like an '*' before each name. I had to edit all the names and remove the character. Some of the game information didn't get saved right. My kids had to start from scratch on some of the games they had been playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)