PS3 software upgrade to 3D?

michael b

Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana
Can anyone tell me if it is true that a recent software upgrade for PS3 has now made the system a 3D blu ray player? If this is the case, I think I may have to go an invest in a new television. Any suggestions? LG or Samsung?

The PS3 was upgraded to a 3D player a few months back. I just purchased a vizio 47 inch 3D lcd that is a passive tv using theatre glasses instead of the expensive glasses.I am very happy with this tv and the second vizio that i have purchased over the last 2 years. I paid $868 at walmart for the tv. If a theatre in your area has a real D theatre you can use those glasses for this set.

Last edited:
Best deal I got was a 43 inch Samsung 720p 3D Plasma at Best Buy for 600 bucks and that includes 2 pair of 3D glasses an dont let the 720 throw you off cause it looks fantastic an the 3D games an movies on the PS3 look great!

I gat the Optoma 3d xl adapter and a compatible proyector dlp 3d ready ( mine was not on the list but i was lucky, benq sm510) and go full size and works great

I have been using my PS3 as a 3D Bluray player for almost a year now. It works good.

Although 3D Gaming is MUCH better then watching a 3D movie. They have some excellent 3D games!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts