SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Didn't see this posted, but I may have missed it

http://wesleytech.com/blu-ray-disc-association-booth-ces-2008/498/

Technicolor was also demonstrating a BD-Live trivia game. One of the most interesting things about this BD-Live demo was that they were using a PS3 as the player! That’s right, a PS3 with BD Profile 2.0 firmware loaded! The Technicolor representatives informed me that the firmware was just loaded up this morning and that it is still in a highly beta phase. Either way, this is good news for PS3 owners, as we can expect to see a BD Profile 2.0 firmware released for the PS3 at some point in the future.

Didn't see this posted, but I may have missed it

http://wesleytech.com/blu-ray-disc-association-booth-ces-2008/498/

Technicolor was also demonstrating a BD-Live trivia game. One of the most interesting things about this BD-Live demo was that they were using a PS3 as the player! That’s right, a PS3 with BD Profile 2.0 firmware loaded! The Technicolor representatives informed me that the firmware was just loaded up this morning and that it is still in a highly beta phase. Either way, this is good news for PS3 owners, as we can expect to see a BD Profile 2.0 firmware released for the PS3 at some point in the future.

I guess that answers the question weather the PS3 is going to have 2.0 or not :)

Yea...really worried they'll get it to work...considering it was working on that machine in a beta phase...if that's the worst of our worries...HELL YA we'll have the greatest machine ever!!

well im glad the ps3 wont be like the stand alones people paid near 1000 dollars for and only have profile 1.0. $599 sound like i still got the better deal

yup i think about this everytime I can an upgrade. The sales rep at cc, when I brought my hdtv told me I should get a standalone blu-ray player as it was so much better then the ps3 for video quality. I just laughed and said why would I pay $1000 for a standalone when I could pay 599 for the ps3 which can play blu-ray plus hd games? He was just like its better to have a standalone.:rolleyes: waited 8 months and got the 60gig once it went to 499. I have been so happy with it

No you dont. It would be another prediction gone wrong for you. Man, you are on a roll.:eek:. No problem though, after they get it up and rolling you will find something else to complain about.

AH! His secret is out! ;)

No you dont. It would be another prediction gone wrong for you. Man, you are on a roll.:eek:. No problem though, after they get it up and rolling you will find something else to complain about.
#1 yes I do, I want my PS3 to be all it can be.
#2 there's still a lot to bitch about wrong with it.

Blu ray is on Version 1.0 version 1.1 comes out this summer with 2.0 coming out for Christmas. V1.0 will not play the extra features on 1.1/2.0 disks. So I would make sure that your Blu-Ray Player can been updated if you want to buy one now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)