PSB's DVB World USB Satellite Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cool.Let me know if you need any help.I spent the whole day learning about this thing and will probably learn more in the coming days.

Got it! after chasing UPS for 30 minutes... note on my truck said signature needed... (I did not hear him pull up and my dogs did not bark) I live south of town in a rural area so I went further south then backtracked and headed east and ran into him :D

Finding digital C-Band with mine no Ku found yet ,I recorded my first programs last night. One thing about this box, you cannot go back(or at least I have not figured out how) if you missed anything like Replay, Dish Dvrs and Tivo. But you can burn the Mpegs to Cd or Dvd and play back on a dvd player that supports Mpeg playback. I have 2 Phillips Dvp 642's I bought for DivX that work fine, I have not tried the Cyberhome in the camper yet nor the Apex in my older Camper to see if they will play.

The rewind function works for me! I recorded The Rolling Stones a few weeks ago and I can FF. RW. Pause Live TV. Time Shift...........

Sure!

I like LIVE TV so do not record much other than Music!

But works for me!

I am finding it a little tricky to use at times.It records well but I have yet to get it to drive the motor.

No! The other connection marked NC.......

Not Connected :(

Was supposed to be an off air tuner, but is not connected in this version!

A quick way to RW. is just to drag the progress slider button back to the left, the recording starts again from where you stop!

The progress ("Process") Slider is under the screen.

john green said:
I was wondering what that NC meant.
Pete-Are you using the DVB to drive the motor yet ?

No, I use the Traxis 3500 for that......... I just use the DVB Box as a slave for now.

dfergie said:
Yup, but when you are just watching the slider bar and ff/ rwd buttons are translucent...

Never seen that, do not record much. Will try to record something else and report back if I see that...........

Not when recording , just when watching the standalone dvrs have a buffer you can go back at any time... I didn't see anything in instructions about that other connection and wondered... how do you connect to move a dish with it then?

Just through the coax connection to the motor then to the LNBF (Same as any receiver/motor set up)!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)