Psych

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Am I the only one still watching?

Anyway, I got around to this week's episode. I am really liking how they are adapting the opening theme to match the tone of the show. Boys2Men did a really nice job on the A'Capella and voiceovers. I didn't know they were still around.

At any rate, the chief was noticably absent and they had O'Hara doing what were obviously her lines. She was listed in the credits.

Jaleel "Urkel" White and Keenan "and Cal" Thompson were priceless.

Even Corbin Berenson had a good LA Law meta line. All in all one of my favorite episodes.

My brother just introduced me to this show, today in fact.

I think he said it comes on 10 EST on the USA network, season finally tonight as well. Seems pretty interesting, and I hope it's charm has a lasting effect on me, because I've been looking for something new lately.

My brother just introduced me to this show, today in fact.

I think he said it comes on 10 EST on the USA network, season finally tonight as well. Seems pretty interesting, and I hope it's charm has a lasting effect on me, because I've been looking for something new lately.

USA has a nice lineup of light hearted detective/action stuff. Right now Psych and Monk are finishing up. Unfortunately, it is the last season of Monk.

Before that they had Burn Notice and Royal Pains in rotation. Burn Notice is about an ex-CIA operative who got burned and is now working as a free-lancer while he tries to figure out what the heck happened. It is presented with wit and irony, and has Sharon Gless (Cagney and Lacey) in the cast.

Royal Pains is about a NY Emergency Room doctor that goes out to the Hamptons for a weekend and ends up with a job as private doctor to the rich and famous. Its kind of far out there, especially considering how sick rich people are on this show, but it works because of a good supporting cast.

Anyway, I got around to this week's episode. I am really liking how they are adapting the opening theme to match the tone of the show.

They did that on the episode with the guy from heroes. The Psych theme sung "Bollywood" style.

The mid season finale was EXCELLENT.
wonder if Shaun ever thanked his dad... and I agree, I don't want to be Paul Walker even for a minute.

I think White Collar will be taking it's place until Psych comes back in January.

Royal Pains is about a NY Emergency Room doctor that goes out to the Hamptons for a weekend and ends up with a job as private doctor to the rich and famous. Its kind of far out there, especially considering how sick rich people are on this show, but it works because of a good supporting cast.

When does that come back? I completely forgot about this show, after spending a marathon day watching it! I would certainly make a point to watch it regularly.

When does that come back? I completely forgot about this show, after spending a marathon day watching it! I would certainly make a point to watch it regularly.

I went to the website. Looks like a new series called White Collar is filling the Psych slot.

Acording to the site, Royal Pains returns in early 2010. If it is like last year, it will be at the end of Feb sweeps.

July 14th is the summer start of my favorite show. Shawn and Gus are back in 36 days!!

I'm not thrilled with USA's split seasons, the more jazzed you are for your show to come back and before you know it BAM wait 4-5 months for another 6 episodes.

July 14th is the summer start of my favorite show. Shawn and Gus are back in 36 days!!

I'm not thrilled with USA's split seasons, the more jazzed you are for your show to come back and before you know it BAM wait 4-5 months for another 6 episodes.

I kind of like it. They do a nice job of putting new stuff up just when everyone else is going into rerun cycles. Enjoying Burn Notice and Royal Pains now, Psych in a month.

It is not a bad show a little corny and it can be funny at times.I don't see it lasting much longer if they don't change up the storylines and characters :)

Last edited:
:(

At least I have seasons 5-8 to look forward to yet. Come on netflix, get some new episodes online.

We cut the cable and settled on netflix right after Shawn's Dad got shot in Santabrabaratown. They still haven't uploaded the followup, making this the longest cliffhanger on record for me.

Was no Surprise with all new shows and them bring Modern Family re-runs over and makes me wonder how many more they will cancel!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)