Psychotic on-screen behavior with VIP722

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Over the past several weeks I have noticed multiple instances where, when watching live TV (vs. DVR'ed programming or material that is minutes behind and behind fed by the DVR), the screen will start jumping around from channel to channel, sometimes going to the program guide, sometimes going to the menu screen, etc. This has only occurred on the TV2 output. Has anyone else experienced similar bizarre behavior of late with their 722?

Someone You live by has Dish also. If you know how to change the remote address of tv2 then that will solve it. Just change it to a higher number. If you don't know how just google search it

This happened when I got my 722k (single mode attached to just 1 tv), and no matter how often I changed my remote address, it kept happening. I had that K swapped out twice more and all connections checked by two separate Dish techs (not subcontractors). I finally got a sympathetic Loyalty rep to review my history and got the K swapped for a 722 on a mail-out replacement. Haven't seen this behavior since.

So if changing the remote address to a higher random number doesn't help, ask for a swap till you get a dvr that works. Till then try always keeping your show skipped back at least 20 seconds...it's a pain, but the channel can't change that way.

Thanks for both of the suggestions. I have changed the remote address to a higher number and hope that solves it. I'm not optimistic, however, based on jd613's anecdotes, but we shall see. Mine is the slightly older VIP722, so perhaps there was interference with a neighbor's remote. The randomness of the screen changes once it would go into this "psycho mode" causes me to think that it is a receiver issue-- I can't imagine someone bouncing around- that quickly- from channel to channel, then to random menu screens, in a rapid-fire fashion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)