PTAT and Presidential Debates

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
So I missed the Presidential Debate last night to watch my Tigers beat the Yankees in the ALCS. I figured I would just watch it today because it was on all 4 Networks and PTAT would get it. It's not a big deal because the debate is basically the same thing on all 4 Networks, but my PTAT folder only has the Fox 66 out of Flint MI recording of the debate. The icon for PTAT has a 4 next to it indicating that their should be 4 recordings but when I actually click it only the Fox recording is there. I'm curious why it would only choose to keep one network's version. My PTAT is working correctly for everything else.

The VP debate is still in my PTAT folder. I watched it live so I didn't notice until now but it did the same thing. I just checked and the VP debate only has my local Fox recording as well. I'm guessing it thinks it is a multiple of the same episode and Fox is the highest numbered channel in my area so it is choosing that one. Does anyone have all 4 network's coverage of the debate in PTAT?

You might switch the PTAT's folder view to "folders by network" or "no folders" if you have it set to "folders by title" then since the debate has the same title it just shows the recording that is on the highest numbered local. At least it's like that on mine.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

You might switch the PTAT's folder view to "folders by network" or "no folders" if you have it set to "folders by title" then since the debate has the same title it just shows the recording that is on the highest numbered local. At least it's like that on mine.

You're right. I have always had it set to folders by title. When I switched to folders by network it does in fact have all 4 recordings.

I do not have PTAT. I did set two timers to record the debate. One on Fox News 205 and one on MSNBC.
The fox recording started several minutes early and ended as the moderator was introducing herself.
MSNBC started 2.5 minutes early and ended just before the final wrap up.
Does anyone know why? Do I have to manually pad the end of the next debate?
Why dis the Fox vesion not get recorded?

bwexler said:
I do not have PTAT. I did set two timers to record the debate. One on Fox News 205 and one on MSNBC.
The fox recording started several minutes early and ended as the moderator was introducing herself.
MSNBC started 2.5 minutes early and ended just before the final wrap up.
Does anyone know why? Do I have to manually pad the end of the next debate?
Why dis the Fox vesion not get recorded?

Maybe the Hopper is more left-wing in his political choices? :D:D

Sorry I had to joke but perhaps there was a little short intro program that you selected in the guide instead of the actual debate? I've missed a recording on hbo one time because of that little sliver in the guide. Sorry it didn't get recorded for you.

On a totally unrelated note, the tile picture they use from PTAT is a strange/intresting picture for the debate, empty microphone

On a totally unrelated note, the tile picture they use from PTAT is a strange/intresting picture for the debate, empty microphone
What's so strange about that? It's the presidential debates...seems appropriate. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)