PTAT Enabling Auto-Hop w/Hopper 3?

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Ok so I finally decided to enable PTAT today. The booklet that came with the H# said there would be a screen that you clicked a checkbox on to enable the Auto-Hop feature, but that screen never popped up. I looked in the options and settings and cannot find anything to enable it. I thought that it may just be auto enabled posibly but I do not see any red hopper logos next to the PTAT recordings (as the booklet explains). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jay

If PTAT is enabled, even if only for one day, then Auto-Hop is automatically enabled for all Big4 Primetime recordings - even for days when PTAT is not enabled.

Auto hop is available about 24 hours after you record the PTAT show that is eligible for the auto-hop feature.
I recorded "What would you do" last night and went to watch it tonight. The screen popped up to enable auto-hop and I did.
It is nice not to worry about fast forwarding.

Reactions: jayiw
Auto hop is available about 24 hours after you record the PTAT show that is eligible for the auto-hop feature.
I recorded "What would you do" last night and went to watch it tonight. The screen popped up to enable auto-hop and I did.
Dish made a deal with CBS that they won't allow auto-hop until, (I think), 7 days.
I also read where they agreed to a 3 day wait with ABC, but I don't think they have implemented that yet.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Ah ok that explains it! Thanks!

Dish made a deal with CBS that they won't allow auto-hop until, (I think), 7 days.
I also read where they agreed to a 3 day wait with ABC, but I don't think they have implemented that yet.
I think it's ABC O&O's only, but for ALL CBS affiliates.

Reactions: JSheridan
Perhaps enabled is the wrong word, but it is not automatic. Upon start of a recorder program that is auto-hop eligible, there is a screen that pops up asking if you want to use auto-hop to view the show.

Reactions: xfoneguy

Right 3 days for ABC O&O and 7 days for all CBS.

The wait for ABC shows was implemented many months ago (maybe even a year ago); in fact, it was implemented before the CBS wait was implemented.

For me, autohop is available for ABC shows on the fourth day after it airs, and for CBS shows on the eighth day after it airs.

Normally, for NBC and FOX shows autohop is available the next day, but the shows on those channels from last night do not have the kangaroo logos today.

I have PTAT turned on for all four channels, all days, with an 8-day retention. Hopper2K

Ok so I finally decided to enable PTAT today. The booklet that came with the H# said there would be a screen that you clicked a checkbox on to enable the Auto-Hop feature, but that screen never popped up. I looked in the options and settings and cannot find anything to enable it. I thought that it may just be auto enabled posibly but I do not see any red hopper logos next to the PTAT recordings (as the booklet explains). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jay
I haven't found any options but my PTAT is definitely showing auto-hop available where appropriate. At the top of the recorded program icon, there is the word "NEW" with a "kangaroo" to the right of it. And it works as I've been using it for the past day or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)