PTAT Feature Request

is2gu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I absolutely love my hopper system. Sure I wish I had OTA and Bluetooth but overall great system.

I just have one wish for a future software update: automatically delete reruns from PTAT. I understand it has to capture the whole stream all at once but could Dish not automatically delete reruns after the show finished recording? I hate seeing all of the garbage and trying to find new shows that recorded is a real PITA.

As I understand it, PTAT just records everything at prime time, keeps it for 8 days and then overwrites with new prime time content. There is no concept of "shows" there. You can't even delete shows in the PTAT folder.

The solution is to create a timer for new shows recorded in PTAT. As they get recorded in PTAT, only the new ones will show up in the regular folder. Problem solved!

Except if you create timers for primetime , it takes a way from the total amount of timers you can create. You are limited to 96 and network shows used to take up about 30 or more of my timers using my 722k. I have like 64 timers now on my hopper and another 30 would max me out. Now if you could set up timers on PTAT and select to record just new episodes, that would be cool.

is2gu said:
I absolutely love my hopper system. Sure I wish I had OTA and Bluetooth but overall great system.

I just have one wish for a future software update: automatically delete reruns from PTAT. I understand it has to capture the whole stream all at once but could Dish not automatically delete reruns after the show finished recording? I hate seeing all of the garbage and trying to find new shows that recorded is a real PITA.

Maybe approaching it from a different manner would help. What if you could filter the PTAT listings by "new"? I think that would serve your purposes without having to drastically alter functionality.

A rerun to you is an unseen program to some others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts