PTAT Issue

Shoot To Thrill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
United States
While watching shows last night from the PTAT menu, one show would end and another would start. Why didn't the first show end and then allow me the choice to keep or delete it?

Look at it from a different direction. One of the benefits of PTAT is that the channel stream is contiguous. You don't have to worry about Network over run on the hour. You always have the stop button and then select to save or delete.

Look at it from a different direction. One of the benefits of PTAT is that the channel stream is contiguous. You don't have to worry about Network over run on the hour. You always have the stop button and then select to save or delete.

You're right, I didn't look at it in that light. So this is "normal" then?

What KAB was trying to explain is the the streams are recorded start to finish on the night of the recording. It is not split into the individual shows until after the recording is finished, much like the adding the auto hop. Of if you are watching while PTAT is recording, you get the full block and not the individual programs.

Yes it is normal for PTAT shows to play all the recorded shows from one station back to back. It's a nice feature on nights with blocks of shows back to back, like Thursday on NBC.

Now if this was a PTAT show with Autohop enabled for it and it did that then no, it would not be normal.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

No, it's not normal and probably because you were trying to watch them immediately instead of waiting a few hours.

Actually this is normal behavior when watching a PTAT show while PTAT is recording. I've seen this ever since I got my Hopper.

Read my post again...edited.

What KAB was trying to explain is the the streams are recorded start to finish on the night of the recording. It is not split into the individual shows until after the recording is finished, much like the adding the auto hop. Of if you are watching while PTAT is recording, you get the full block and not the individual programs.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I had an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts