PTAT messes up World Series timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I set up a timer to record the World Series on 10/31/17. The timer was scheduled to record from 8 PM to 12 AM. My Hopper3 recorded the Fox channel with Primetime Anytime. Unfortunately the timer stopped at 11 PM instead of midnight so I missed the end of Game 6.

You guys will probably tell me that the solution is to disable PTAT but Dish needs to fix their software so the actual timer that was set controls the recording end time even when PTAT is active.

I set up a timer to record the World Series on 10/31/17. The timer was scheduled to record from 8 PM to 12 AM. My Hopper3 recorded the Fox channel with Primetime Anytime. Unfortunately the timer stopped at 11 PM instead of midnight so I missed the end of Game 6.

You guys will probably tell me that the solution is to disable PTAT but Dish needs to fix their software so the actual timer that was set controls the recording end time even when PTAT is active.

No, prime time is set to do what it does. You should have set a new timer for the game and adjusted the end time out by an hour or so. Prime time is not set to record programs, it set to record stations from a particular start time to a particular end time

No, I had set up a separate timer for the game with an end time of midnight but the Hopper3 ignored my timer with the following message “Recorded with PTAT”. I have observed that any timers of your local networks scheduled during PTAT are ignored and recorded with PTAT and then moved outside of the PTAT folder. What I probably should of done is set up the timer to use my OTA tuner instead of the satellite tuner.

Reactions: JSheridan
That is why I no longer use PTAT for my prime time shows. I set individual timers with 2 minute end padding ,except on Sundays when there are sports over runs. Then I have it set to end 90 minutes late. I no longer miss the endings of any of my shows due to the hard cut off with PTAT turned on. I still haven’t had to use all 16 tuners so I haven’t had any conflicts.

That is why I no longer use PTAT for my prime time shows. I set individual timers with 2 minute end padding ,except on Sundays when there are sports over runs. Then I have it set to end 90 minutes late. I no longer miss the endings of any of my shows due to the hard cut off with PTAT turned on. I still haven’t had to use all 16 tuners so I haven’t had any conflicts.
I have had up to nine things recording at the same time. This primarily happened because I have 10 minute end padding on all timers (default setting). It has been so super nice not having conflicts and no more shows getting cut off. I am in love with the Hopper 3. Thank you Charlie. Please don't sell your company. :clapping

I still like to use PTAT because it records everything. I can then preview shows that are new to me. Plus auto hop is still available although it’s value is greatly diminished. Auto hop is convenient when I am watching on the treadmill.

I still like to use PTAT because it records everything. I can then preview shows that are new to me. Plus auto hop is still available although it’s value is greatly diminished. Auto hop is convenient when I am watching on the treadmill.
I completely agree with you. I have PTAT turned on full settings on both my Hopper 3s.

No, I had set up a separate timer for the game with an end time of midnight but the Hopper3 ignored my timer with the following message “Recorded with PTAT”. I have observed that any timers of your local networks scheduled during PTAT are ignored and recorded with PTAT and then moved outside of the PTAT folder. What I probably should of done is set up the timer to use my OTA tuner instead of the satellite tuner.
Ahhhh, OK. I misunderstood.

Reactions: charlesrshell
All my stations are now waiting at least 3 to 7 days before auto skip is even offered. I watch most tv shows the next day at work on my I-pad , so I don't have time to wait that long.

All my stations are now waiting at least 3 to 7 days before auto skip is even offered. I watch most tv shows the next day at work on my I-pad , so I don't have time to wait that long.
I am lucky in the St Louis area. I usually have AutoHop the next day for ABC & NBC. But CBS & FOX are our favorites. Oh well.

Last edited:

For the Columbus, Ohio market Autohop works the next day for NBC and CBS. Autohop is useless for CBS and FOX since the delay is over one week and PTAT only stores shows for 8 days.

For the Columbus, Ohio market Autohop works the next day for NBC and CBS. Autohop is useless for CBS and FOX since the delay is over one week and PTAT only stores shows for 8 days.

Auto-Hop works fine indefinitely if you save the series. I'm always at least a few weeks behind on most of my shows so they almost always have Auto-Hop when I watch. Very useful. :)

I still cant understand why in the world, in the guide Fox allocated only 3 hours per game and most started 10 to 20 minutes past the hour?.....Any playoff game that only last 2 hours and 40 minutes is extremely rare!

No, prime time is set to do what it does. You should have set a new timer for the game and adjusted the end time out by an hour or so. Prime time is not set to record programs, it set to record stations from a particular start time to a particular end time
Except that those particular start times and particular end times will vary if the guide shows that a program on one of those stations extends beyond the normal prime-time window. In that sense, PTAT does seem to be checking to try to record entire programs. So, it seems to be more of a problem with the guide not allocating enough time for the entire game, as stated by AZ.
I still cant understand why in the world, in the guide Fox allocated only 3 hours per game and most started 10 to 20 minutes past the hour?.....Any playoff game that only last 2 hours and 40 minutes is extremely rare!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts