PTAT recordings corrupted when saved to "My Recordings"

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
We have quite a few timers set for "Big 4" network shows that are recorded on PTAT (HWS). Lately, we are finding that the "saved" shows in "My Recordings" are corrupted with macroblocking and audio drop-outs every second or so, all the way through. If we watch the shows as saved in PTAT, they are OK. I need to verify this, but my recollection is that AutoHop isn't enabled in the corrupted recordings, either. We have seen this on CBS and NBC shows, at least, and maybe ABC. It's probably on all four, but we're still fleshing it out.

Anybody else having this issue? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brad

We have quite a few timers set for "Big 4" network shows that are recorded on PTAT (HWS). Lately, we are finding that the "saved" shows in "My Recordings" are corrupted with macroblocking and audio drop-outs every second or so, all the way through. If we watch the shows as saved in PTAT, they are OK. I need to verify this, but my recollection is that AutoHop isn't enabled in the corrupted recordings, either. We have seen this on CBS and NBC shows, at least, and maybe ABC. It's probably on all four, but we're still fleshing it out.

Anybody else having this issue? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brad

Are the timers you have set for the "Big 4" satellite or OTA timers?

What local market are you in?

Kansas City. Near as I can tell this started about 4 weeks ago. Sometimes it works fine, other times the show is corrupted. It must have something to do with how the recording is copied from the PTAT partition to the user partition. I think this receiver is still on 338 software, but I need to check. I suppose I should also try a hard reset, but I wanted to try to figure out if there is a some pattern to the problem before I do that. I know I've seen bad recordings from CBS on Sundays and NBC on Mondays. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I won't be home tonight, so it will be a couple of days until I can do some poking around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)