PTAT Save Series

cjcarr101

Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
IA
Maybe I am the only one with this issue, or maybe I am not understanding the concept fully.

When I go in and select "Save Series" from the a show in the PTAT folder, it doesn't appear to do anything more than accept my command and place a copy of that program in "my programs" folder. The next week, it does not automatically place the new episode in the "my programs" folder. I do not see the "S" as well on programs as I would expect to. It's almost like when I select "Save Series", it actually just selects "Save" instead.

One thing I have not tried is actually creating a timer for the shows, but I assumed that it would not be needed, as the "Save Series" takes care of that.

I could swear that this was working before, not sure when it stopped.

Am I missing something?? Is this user error??

Pertinent info: on this hopper I have 29 timers and ~270 events. I have red-button-rebooted the Hopper in question as well. I have 2 hoppers and 3 joeys, PTAT only enabled on one Hopper.

When I used timers for each show , all the shows went to no folder,even though I selected Tv shows folder for each one. So it makes no difference whether you use timers or save series , it goes to No folder every time.

It's gotta be a bug in one of the newer releases, because at one point they used to go into the custom folder I created. Now, as you have stated, they always go to "No Folder."

Maybe I am the only one with this issue, or maybe I am not understanding the concept fully.

When I go in and select "Save Series" from the a show in the PTAT folder, it doesn't appear to do anything more than accept my command and place a copy of that program in "my programs" folder. The next week, it does not automatically place the new episode in the "my programs" folder. I do not see the "S" as well on programs as I would expect to. It's almost like when I select "Save Series", it actually just selects "Save" instead.

One thing I have not tried is actually creating a timer for the shows, but I assumed that it would not be needed, as the "Save Series" takes care of that.

I could swear that this was working before, not sure when it stopped.

Am I missing something?? Is this user error??

Selecting "Save Series" is supposed to do two things: save a copy of that episode in "My Recordings" and create a timer for that series. Bear in mind that the series timer it creates will have an episode type of "new and reruns". After selecting "Save Series" go look in your timers to see if it created one for you.

I just went into PTAT and selected "Save Series" for Criminal Minds (a series I don't watch). That episode immediately showed up in "My Recordings" and it added a timer.

I would expect that as well, but when I select "Save Series" it doesn't do anything more than save the current program in the "My Recordings" folder (I know I said My Programs above, I meant My Recordings)

No timer gets added.

I would expect that as well, but when I select "Save Series" it doesn't do anything more than save the current program in the "My Recordings" folder (I know I said My Programs above, I meant My Recordings)

No timer gets added.

You should contact a DIRT member.

No timer gets added.

I'm having the same issue - were you able to get this resolved? It's so strange that it was working just fine (creating timers, adding the shows to my recordings), and now neither the "save" or "save series" options do anything!

It seems to work differently if the show is a PTAT show than it does for non-PTAT shows.

For PTAT shows it seems to just copy the PTAT recording of that show to the folder (without creating a timer), while for non-PTAT shows it actually creates a timer.

If you otherwise create a timer for a show that is already recording on PTAT(as opposed to using "save series") it seems to waste an available tuner.

As far as I can tell Save Series puts a copy of the show in MY Recordings and sets a timer unless I had previously set one for the same show. For me it seems to be working as designed.

For me, it doesn't waste an available tuner. It still records the show using the PTAT tuner.

Yes, but you can force it to use an available tuner by unskipping the timer in the daily schedule - a very useful feature if you want to pad extra time beyond the PTAT default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)