PTAT vs Timers for PTAT networks....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

evilsofa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Atlanta, Ga
I could care less about PTAT however my question is this, if I disable PTAT and turn it off and I have timers set for shows which are on the PTAT channels lets say a program on ABC at 8pm and a program on FoX at 8pm will they now take 2 tuners or will they piggy back on the single PTAT tuner? I ask this because I put timers in for all shows whether PTAT or not, however what I am finding is that sometimes those timers are not recording because "exists as ptat" then the show goes missing after 3 days as my current PTAT config is set to the minimum of 3 days. My second question is I currently have a Hopper with Sling, a Super Joey and a Joey... depending on the answer to the first portion, that gives me 5 tuners, if I were to have Dish replace my Super Joey with another Hopper with Sling will that give me 6 tuners total so ability to record 6 shows at once? Thanks in Advance...

I believe that all you have to do is have PTAT on one day a week (a day when you don't worry about extra timers) and you will have the full 4 on a tuner feature 24/7.

Reactions: evilsofa
I believe that all you have to do is have PTAT on one day a week (a day when you don't worry about extra timers) and you will have the full 4 on a tuner feature 24/7.
You don't need to have PTAT turned on at all. You will have 4 PTAT channels on one tuner 24/7. If you want AutoHop to work then you need to turn on PTAT for at least one day of the week.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply's Will be turning PTAT off tonight. Now if Dish would give us some kind of text only access to timers, etc kind of like what TivoWEB did for the tivo boxes I would be in heaven as I personally can not stand all this graphics, makes ui's etc too slow especially on the dish app on my iPad.

One Hopper can record 4 PTAT and 2 non PTAT channels for a total of 6 channels recording at the same time. If you have an OTA module and antenna you can record that channel too for a total of 7 channels recording at the same time. If you have two Hoppers that gives you the option of recording 12 channels at the same time, with OTA modules and antennas installed gives you a total of 14 channels. PTAT does not need to be turned on.

Reactions: evilsofa
Thanks for your reply's Will be turning PTAT off tonight. Now if Dish would give us some kind of text only access to timers, etc kind of like what TivoWEB did for the tivo boxes I would be in heaven as I personally can not stand all this graphics, makes ui's etc too slow especially on the dish app on my iPad.

Why not leave it on one day a week to keep autohop? We only watch network recordings after the little red kangaroo appears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)