PTAT

bassmaster911

Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Missouri
When is the PTAT available after it records? Only have had the Hopper set up one day and I believe it is set to do its PTAT thing. During the prime time hours the light on front was lit up as if it was recording but this morning I checked the folder and it was empty. Any suggestions?

AFAIR my Hoppers took an overnight period before PTAT started working. It also took almost a day for the guide to fill in completely on one of them. Until that happens you can expect funny results when searching and setting timers.

Yep, it's a nice feature if you watch a lot on the networks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's pretty good even if you don't watch a lot of network shows. I don't usually watch more than 2-3 hours of big4 programming, but now, with PTAT, if someone mentions something that was on last night, I can always go back and see it! Pretty neat.

And since you can't otherwise use that HD space on the Hopper, the only reason not to have it on would be if you often need three tuners on other channels.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

And since you can't otherwise use that HD space on the Hopper...

No longer true. Dish gave us back the 200GB formerly allocated for exclusive PTAT use. If you don't use it, you now get 1.2TB to play with.